Door Jamb / Door Ajar Switch - 15739935 / D6066

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darrin De May

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My interior courtesy lights were staying on when the doors were closed, and the culprit turned out to be the driver side door jamb switch. I searched this site, and found that some folks were saying that the easiest way to get the old one out was to break it. I went the slightly more difficult route, reaching under the dash, squeezing the tabs on the switch, then pushing the intact switch out of its hole. Yes, there was some minor bloodshed involved. Anyway, once I had it out, I was wondering why it wasn't working, so I opened it up and disassembled it with a small flat blade screwdriver. Nothing inside was broken, but the metal strips were a bit discolored from oxidation, so I cleaned them with a Scotch-Brite pad, reassembled the switch, plugged it in and tested it, and VOILA! It works again! Saved myself the $6 + tax - 10% Military Discount that I was about to spend at AutoZone for a new replacement.

You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I don't know why the easiest way to get them out would be to break them lol... I've never had a problem getting them out... Although I have broken them accidentally while pulling them out a few times :rofl:

Darrin De May

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my Suburban, the door switch popped out on its own, turned the lights on, and drained the battery. I carefully bent the plastic mounting tabs and it worked until I sold it.

My wife noticed that my interior lights were on, and at first I figured that it was because I had the driver side door panel off to get at yet another snapped inside door handle. I told her: "No problem!", and put the panel back on, I'd left it off while waiting for my new handle that I bought on eBay to arrive. The lights stayed on with the panel in place, that's when I figured that the switch was bad.. So I pulled the fuse for the night, and diddled with the switch the next morning.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you still have an OEM instead of some china junk that'll break in 6 months anyway