Need those door jamb switch/contacts for the rear barn doors on a 1999 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Junk yard is really your best bet. There's so may suburban and tahoes with cargo door it's not even funny. I know your north so it's probably different then over here down south. Any junk yard we pick has those...

sneakingfart

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, that's what I'm figuring as well. I did find a used set on Ebay, coming from Ohio, so not much better corrosion wise. He's taking his time shipping it, but hopefully it's better than mine. Otherwise, I'll be down visiting my parents in VA in a couple months, I'll see what I can find there. Good to know they aren't all stripped of these things yet. May try to get a few.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If I can get to the yard near me, in the next week or so, I'll look for one. I think the door lock switches are bad on my crew cab, so I have reason to look in Burbs and Tahoes....

Redundo420

Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

Anybody have a source for those contacts/switches that go on the door jambs of the rear barn doors? The right side has 4 contacts and the left side has 2. I can get a used one on Ebay, but no guarantee that it's better than mine. Seems the parts have been discontinued. I took mine apart and cleaned all of the inside contacts and tracks, but I don't have working interior lights when I open the barn doors. There are no other switches that I saw. Barn door power locks work and the defroster partially works. Thanks.
Hi Everyone:

Anybody have a source for those contacts/switches that go on the door jambs of the rear barn doors? The right side has 4 contacts and the left side has 2. I can get a used one on Ebay, but no guarantee that it's better than mine. Seems the parts have been discontinued. I took mine apart and cleaned all of the inside contacts and tracks, but I don't have working interior lights when I open the barn doors. There are no other switches that I saw. Barn door power locks work and the defroster partially works. Thanks.
If you are interested I'll gladly shoot some pics tomorrow morning of the set in my 98 suburban I'm about to crush. If you think they'll help your cause and you're willing to cover the cost of shipping I'll gladly send them your way.

sneakingfart

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are interested I'll gladly shoot some pics tomorrow morning of the set in my 98 suburban I'm about to crush. If you think they'll help your cause and you're willing to cover the cost of shipping I'll gladly send them your way.
Hey, absolutely. I don't even need pics. If it has the 5 contacts on the passenger side and the 2 contacts on the driver side (or just the passenger side, I have the drivers), I'll take it.