Dome light wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice..I wish I could find on for a crew cab none of my lights are working..I have not had a chance to diagnose it
It should be the same for a crew cab as an extended cab, as a regular cab. What year is your truck?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ebay has them. Amazon should too. I bought mine at Autozone years ago. They should be able to get them, if there not on the shelf. Here is one in ebay that is the same one I have.
You must be registered for see images attach

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice..I wish I could find on for a crew cab none of my lights are working..I have not had a chance to diagnose it

Check the 'bay. Usually you can find a CD of the entire shop manual for a reasonable price. In many cases the manual includes step by step diagnostics.

If you are getting no lights, first check fuses then the headlight switch itself.

Kong Jr

Reaction score
Hello, Not sure where to post this question? So I'll just drop this in. I'm redoing a 1988 GMC 4WD Stepside, it has the dome light with 2 reading lights. I understand how it's powered and can wire it, but do not know: 1) what type of connector is to be on the end of those 2 wires, I suspect from the factory it was a green female type thing. 2) Where do I plug it in at? Best, Kong

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ebay has them. Amazon should too. I bought mine at Autozone years ago. They should be able to get them, if there not on the shelf. Here is one in ebay that is the same one I have.
I bought one of these,figure it'll make good kindlin' this winter. Test with known good part,take it to professional repair facility statements and the wiring schematics are generic and lack enough info to figure anything out. The worse Haynes manual I own.
Maybe I'll use it for target practice first.