Dome/map light & doorjam Ground location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As title suggests. If you havent seen some of my other posts; retrofitting 95 up dash into 93 k1500 that was cracked t nothin left. Have a strong suspicion missing a ground. Only ground that i can recall removing for anything to the dash itself is the i/p ground . Which controls radio , ac, & instr. panel… so where is this magic one im missing? Does that ground tie into the one in ashtray, or glovebox ?

in the 93 manual i downloaded on page 180 iirc & 290 it shows a ground in the dome light itseld (whihc i didnt remove) but no other actual point other than the connector itself. Not where it goes on other side.

by any chance is it one of the three tabs that hold the wire loom bundle in place from driver to psgr side ? Are those grounds at all?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's two manuals for 93, or did you get both? In section 8, it breaks down the circuits, by connection, ground, splice, each location with a illustration drawing cutaway showing locations. Many items are at grouped ground points. Easy for assembly, easier for diagnostics.