Does anyone have or still use a CB Radio??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dans94Chevy

Reaction score
Just like the title says, Does anyone still have and use a CB Radio in their truck?? I remember back in high school I had one in my truck, ya know before cell phones really got big. I have been wanting to get a new one and install it in my truck just don't know if I wanna drop the cash for nothing.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My daughter drove a hot shot truck for a few years. Truckers still use them. A big truck stop should have them, or you can always order one on line.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do, mounted under the ash tray.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dans94Chevy

Reaction score
Yeah I think I'm going to get one. Need to find me a truck stop around my area. Never know might hit the fan and need one to talk to others lol.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one but I haven't decided where I want the antenna there good to have when traveling on a trip truckers will let you know where there is a cop checking for speeders.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I have Cobra 25 LTD classic. Never have talked. Not hooked up right now and don't have an antenna for now. My last 2 didn't work out well

wimmerk

Reaction score
I have one in my truck, have a removable Wilson 5000 antenna on the roof and a cobra all-in-one radio. Works great and is easy to unplug in case you end up staying in a sketchy area while on a road trip. I use it when ever I travel to talk with the people I'm traveling with and to get traffic updates from truckers when ever I go through big cities.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 29 LTD classic in my Bronco. Most of the time I am just listening to it for traffic reports between truckers and all. I had it on while trail riding a couple of weekends ago, but there wasn't much chatter.

I picked up an overhead console for my truck and that's going in within the next couple of weeks. By then I hope to put a CB in it, with some sort of fold-down antenna on the toolbox.

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
I have a few, talked to a few truckers but very briefly. Not too many people use them where I am so Im just convincing my friends to get them for trail use or road trips. I'd take a CB over a cellphone in a car anyday, easier to not get a ticket. Right now I just have a small Uniden mounted on the cup holder and have some bigger old ones from my gramps but they need tuning. Just recently got myself some springs and quick disconnects in case of height restrictions and wind resistance on the highway. I have two antennas and used to have them co-phased but it didnt have the effect I wanted so one is just for show now. In the future will probably get a nice Connex or a Bluetooth Cobra and probably a 250W linear amp so I can talk and receive much farther. Need to get what I have now working properly first though.