DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As expected something in the front axle did not hold up. Had a little bang and lost pull to the front axle, caught it pretty hard in reverse though. I will have to pull the cover off sometime once I get it cleaned up some. Either way had a good time and know what the truck wont handle.

You must be registered for see images attach

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ok....This thread is making it very freakin hard to resist doing a SAS to one of my trucks lol....and considering you did it for around 2K including the boggers...makes it very hard to resist considering the Pro Comp lift (the only one available for the 8 lug trucks) is close to the same price...I may need to seriously consider the idea of looking for a Ford HP Dana 60...

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like fun! How do you like those boggers?

They defintly dig and throw mud, even in 2wd it still did good.

I managed to get through the hangover this morning and enjoyed the first snow of the year by washing the truck off and appears that I cut off the passenger side inner axle. Guess its time to start on the axle collection haha

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That K5 is who pulled my truck out, then made its way through the hole. Its on ton axles and 40" pitbulls and works very well.

Heres the damage

And an pic (from a previous run) of the hole I was stuck in. The samari was running the boggers I have now

Reaction score
lol i had a k5 on 40 gumbos with 3/4 ton axles a few yrs ago.i had a samurai with 33x15.50 tsl sxs 5.38s and lockrites too much fun!!