DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Your front hangars. Are they welding to the bottom of the two front frame bars. I was looking under my one ton k3500 today noticed my front reciever hitch is welded at the tip of the frame dont know if itll get on the way of those brackets or did you modifie it. Ive been reading for months on sas and still confused as hell from all these parts that can be used and way to do it. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

There is a guy on FSC who used a front hitch with the hangers welded to it on his cclb a few years ago (more like 5-6 years probably). It was real clean. Depending on how distracted I get later with this "finals study aid" I may try and find it for you. All I can remember is it is a red cclb either k2500 or k3500 that started with an ifs lift and he sas'd it on 38s or something like that.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why go through all the work of the SAS then park it for the winter when you could have some real fun with it?
Not to much wheeling goes on here in the winter, might get out a couple of times. I have a couple of snowmobiles to ride in the snow with, more fun then the truck too!

There is a guy on FSC who used a front hitch with the hangers welded to it on his cclb a few years ago (more like 5-6 years probably). It was real clean. Depending on how distracted I get later with this "finals study aid" I may try and find it for you. All I can remember is it is a red cclb either k2500 or k3500 that started with an ifs lift and he sas'd it on 38s or something like that.

Was it IRideKTM or along the names of that?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Not to much wheeling goes on here in the winter, might get out a couple of times. I have a couple of snowmobiles to ride in the snow with, more fun then the truck too!

Was it IRideKTM or along the names of that?

I bet those are fun. I have never seen enough snow to use or even personally know anyone with a snowmobile. I remember one winter we got 8 inches in one day when I lived in Tennessee and we all thought that was crazy.

Iridektm had that nice ecsb k1500 400 but the only truck he did a SAS on was his 800 with the linked front end.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nevermind what I said, I was thinking that the front shocks bolted to the upper spring pads. But I guess that is where sway bar would've bolted... so yea nvm

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Thats exactly what im looking for and do. Someone thats done it with the truck i have. Not many people have a one ton and sas. Most come from 1/2 or 3/4 tons. So dont know what i can keep or what i gotta beef up. If any difference ya know

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Thats exactly what im looking for and do. Someone thats done it with the truck i have. Not many people have a one ton and sas. Most come from 1/2 or 3/4 tons. So dont know what i can keep or what i gotta beef up. If any difference ya know

Your 1 ton is the same as a 3/4 ton when it comes to a SAS just for the record.

Luvss350

Reaction score
I just registered. I have read all 20 pages
And still have a few questions. 1 what changes
Need to be done to the exhaust? 2 have you
Guys had and problems with frames bending
In the truck or the spring hangers braking
Off? And 3 are the front spring hangers centered
Under the frame or are they slightly wider?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just registered. I have read all 20 pages
And still have a few questions. 1 what changes
Need to be done to the exhaust? 2 have you
Guys had and problems with frames bending
In the truck or the spring hangers braking
Off? And 3 are the front spring hangers centered
Under the frame or are they slightly wider?

My exhaust ran down each side and crossed -over under the tail shaft of the tcase. It really would of cleared as it was with some trimming on the passenger side hanger, but would of make it a PITA to weld up. I ended up cutting about 8-10" out at the hangers and using flex pipe there, cheap and simple, double clamped and no leaks. The front hangers are just slightly wider the the frame rails.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much more to do with the SAS build for now but I have got a start on building some sliders/steps for it. Also want to build some bumpers for it over the winter too.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Luvss350

Reaction score
dirtridinz71 thanks for the info. Sweet truck cant wait to do mine