DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much of an update but the new axle arrived this week. Still yet to put it in along with inner spindal bearing as well. Did run the truck again last weekend to the hunting camp, the AAL helps with the wheeler atleast. The truck defintly felt the extra weight and the 38's with the 4.56 gears.

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the front axle shaft, also got the lca mounts plated where they had been cut and parked the truck for the winter.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hell yea, just read every page of this build. The last picture you posted looks like you have some serious toe/camber inssues or just a bad picture?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The last picture you posted looks like you have some serious toe/camber inssues or just a bad picture?

Its just a bad picture. I do have it toed in a little to much right now but no where near as to how that picture looks.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also your lower shock tabs, any reason better to weld tabs on instead of turning your upper spring pads around and using that spring pad to mount the shock their?

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your front hangars. Are they welding to the bottom of the two front frame bars. I was looking under my one ton k3500 today noticed my front reciever hitch is welded at the tip of the frame dont know if itll get on the way of those brackets or did you modifie it. Ive been reading for months on sas and still confused as hell from all these parts that can be used and way to do it. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also your lower shock tabs, any reason better to weld tabs on instead of turning your upper spring pads around and using that spring pad to mount the shock their?

The spring pads seem like a cast material, not easily weldable, also the drivers side one cant be flipped due to the inner u-bolt being wider. Lastly the shocks the far inward would clear the edge of the frame up top.

Your front hangars. Are they welding to the bottom of the two front frame bars. I was looking under my one ton k3500 today noticed my front reciever hitch is welded at the tip of the frame dont know if itll get on the way of those brackets or did you modifie it. Ive been reading for months on sas and still confused as hell from all these parts that can be used and way to do it. Lol

My front crossmember is welded fully around the bottom and sides of the frame rails. Best picture I could find, mind you its not welded in place.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the front axle shaft, also got the lca mounts plated where they had been cut and parked the truck for the winter.

Why go through all the work of the SAS then park it for the winter when you could have some real fun with it?