DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got a d shackle in rear hitch.ive usd the front hooks many of times never had any issues. been burried to frame and had 5 trucks pullin and they never had any issues. now when i put the front hangers i want to make some sort of d shackle mounts up fornt too

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I too have had great luck with the stock tow hooks, only reason why I considered using them. I found a almost new set of 38" boggers for a great price if my lift sells. Really test the limits of the d44 will just be left open if go that route.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
ive got a d shackle in rear hitch.ive usd the front hooks many of times never had any issues. been burried to frame and had 5 trucks pullin and they never had any issues. now when i put the front hangers i want to make some sort of d shackle mounts up fornt too

easy enough to just make a receiver up front and run one of those warn tongue mounted shackles or use a standard towing tongue with the 1-1/4 ball mount hole and use a shackle on that

i just use a 10k tongue with a screw together shackle(slip pin type ones are too dangerous)
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I ordered up the gears, install kit, inner axle seals, carrier, spider gear set, superlift 1104 pitman arm and stud kit for steering arm today. I found a buyer for my suspension lift so the plan is to remove that this weekend. Maybe get front crossmember in place.

Outalne94z71 any more pics of the snorkle setup you have? Looks like occ? Under hood pics?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dang I should have asked about the lift LOL.

I want one bad, of course I want SAS too, and neither seem to be happening.

I keep a close watch on these budget axle swaps tho, maybe I can find some already removed cheap enough and use them.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am now to the point of no return on the build. I got the front suspension out and mounts cut off of the frame. Lift is sold, tires still need to sell. Picked up some 38" Boggers. Had to order some TRE no place in town had them stocked, was able to get the brake calipers and pads. The gears should be in this week, hopefully get them installed too, axle put back together and then hung in place.