DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I think the knuckle was around $240 shipped and with the exchange in money, I havent got the invoice yet for it. Shipping to Canada makes buying parts online a crappy deal.

you need both side knuckles unless using high steer, the flat top was used 73-76 and the center link tie rod goes from the top down, the 10 bolt center link tie rod goes from the bottom up

here is my old axle from my 94 club cab, 74 ford axle with 76 chevy knuckles, notice how the center link sits on top of the knuckle arms, if you only use a pass side flat top you will have the center link on top on the pass side but coming up from the bottom side on the driverside
You must be registered for see images

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Yup the knuckle I ordered is for a Chevy with the taper going down to match the drivers side Chevy knuckle.

but you have a 10 bolt, the taper goes up on them, the chevy dana 44 knuckle you ordered for the passenger side has the taper go down

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im goign to find a set of matching ones but now im going to get the t case first. start cleaning the axle up and get the springs from yard. then get the spring hangers and figure out the steering then ill start the final planning. interested in how your goinng to mke the linkage on t case work. i havent figured that out yet. when i do it ill mostlikely get the axle in and all that working and right then swap the t case.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
for the t-case linkage some guys have gone to a cable shift or they make a linkage that mounts on the trans adapter that the original linkage goes to a arm on driverside and twists a shaft with a arm on it for pass side that then is hooked to the t-case.

the 3rd option is to mount a older shifter to the floor

Reaction score
congrats on the baby. want to watch this buildup myself. here in the southeast they didnt sell many pass drop 241c blazers or burbs or i would have gone the same route. always liked your truck. good luck.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
but you have a 10 bolt, the taper goes up on them, the chevy dana 44 knuckle you ordered for the passenger side has the taper go down

I see now. Thanks for the heads up I didn't know the d44 and 10 bolts were different ways. will have to call them tomorrow to verify, worst case I do know where there is a chevy D44 for $100. It seems wfo foncepts is only place for a ten bolt knuckle.

Last edited: