desperate for truck. flying to texas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
As a DD, I like my 'lowly' (Lol!) V6. Kinda hard to argue with 22+ MPG!
'A family of lawyers...', Guess you don't win too many family disagreements. Especially when they start citing case law!
I like magimerlin's suggestion. I'd have someone that knows GMT400's look at it before you invest a bunch of time & use a 'free' trip for a truck that may not be worth a whole lot. These trucks are getting a little long in the tooth & while many have survived till now, the conditions of them can cover extremes. 'Just sitting', can be one of the hardest things on a vehicle.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I say go for it. Of course, if it's a family of lawyers no telling what the are lying about...sorry, someone had to.

But seriously, a free flight, free truck, sounds like everything is all lined up for you. Guess if you can't get the truck started you can haul it back to your place on a Penske or Uhaul.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Welcome!
As a DD, I like my 'lowly' (Lol!) V6. Kinda hard to argue with 22+ MPG!
'A family of lawyers...', Guess you don't win too many family disagreements. Especially when they start citing case law!
I like magimerlin's suggestion. I'd have someone that knows GMT400's look at it before you invest a bunch of time & use a 'free' trip for a truck that may not be worth a whole lot. These trucks are getting a little long in the tooth & while many have survived till now, the conditions of them can cover extremes. 'Just sitting', can be one of the hardest things on a vehicle.

Yes sitting and then hard use or a long trip can be hard on them. Buddy bought an 83 k20 with a 454. Sat with the exception of some short drives since about 2008. Took it to the sand dunes and it developed a nice rod knock. It's going to be rebuilt regardless but have someone take a good look at it before you go running off into the sunset for a truck you don't know a lot about.

Tyler/T-Unit

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Change the oil and check the transmission fluid well then plan on taking it really really easy for the first leg of the trip no hard revs keep the speed down and let the motor loosen back up from sitting before pushing it too hard. I would bet you would be good to go if your trip sends you through georgia around the Atlanta-Augusta-Macon triangle you can count on me to be available if you have any issues.

cviola2005

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cost of starter, oil change, trans fluid change, spare tire, tools, gas and food shouldn't amount to enough to buy another truck. Ah hell, go for it. It would be fun, nonetheless.

If your trip sends you down I-40 through Tennessee, I can help out between Nashville and Knoxville. Only about a 200 miles span, but I offer my help if needed.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
If your trip puts you anywhere in the Texas pan handle im open to helping if you need it as well!

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!