Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
So the other day I was talking with my painter about the interior of the truck. We got to talking about the audio system. The factory speakers still sound good for what they are, but he offered to install new speakers for me since he has the interior pulled apart. So I grabbed these last week. He has the same set in his ‘94 and loves the sound quality. Can’t wait to hear how they sound!

You must be registered for see images attach

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driver side outer rocker panel is welded in! I guess the rear of the cab needs a little attention, but nothing too serious.

Wow, it's not even my truck and I am getting really excited watching it come together.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Took a drive over to the paint shop today to drop off my speakers and door pins/bushings and other pieces. I also grabbed the old bed to try selling online. The doors and front fenders were shot so there wasn’t any use trying to sell them.

Now you can see how bad the bed was getting behind the taillights.

The rest of it isn’t terrible.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I grabbed some photos of the work done on the rockers also so far. The passenger side was welded up tonight.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
That was quick!! Listed the bed online Friday afternoon and my phone was blowing up with messages. A local guy came today to pick it up for his lowered OBS project.

Found a couple old photos of the truck today when I was going through some storage totes. That’s my little brother and I around Easter 2000.

And again around 2008 when it looked like a grandpa truck :)

Pretty sure this is the only photo I have of it new. Somewhere around 3,000 miles on it here.

Last edited:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
My new grille came today! The chrome one was aftermarket and had a crack at the top. I chose this one because it has the full surround around the bow tie unlike most of the aftermarket grilles.

This will be color matched to the truck with the center mesh painted gloss black. Then new OEM headlights/parking lights and some clear corners from Klearz. It will be finished off with a billet bow tie.

:banana-mario: