Resto - Mode L29 setup...and living in Poland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WojTec

Reaction score
Hi There!

Last 2/3 years Iam a happy owner (2nd owner in title) of bone stock Suburban k2500 L29.
I bough it in Fance from first owner Mike - car was imported as a new to France by his father.

Fully loaded LS/ K2500 /auto 4x4 / barn doors ... bangs and wisles and NO RUST! 140k miles.
Axles are 3.73 and G80 lock.
Just missing 2nd row capita seats... still dreaming.
You must be registered for see images attach

Love it, spend last 2 years fixing small issues. I should present this ride here more.
I know that Mike as a quite active user of gmt400.com and wasin't till now.

Now it drives like a dream - keep in mind bone stock dream.

And Iam the type of men to give it now some Resto-mods.
It is my first Chevy ever and till now I have experiance with european classics:
Mercedes /BMW / Alfa Rome. US cars are for me exotic.

No Resto Mod to make it more daily - energetic - engine.
Look at the Sunday made napkin drawing:

Outnof my experiance L29 can't get more.with stock manifold - design long runners there are the bottle neckn for revs.
Also in find this design faulty due to possible fuel leaks (causing a fire) and water leaks to engine oil.

Coudln you ecomend me what part use for:
Variant 1:
1. Cam OEM
2. Inlet - maybe Holley EFI 4150 or 4500
3. Throttle body with tps and idle air valve
4. Cap to side inlet
5. Connnection to air duct
6. OEM mass air sensor to OEM filter box
7. ECU - 99% I need to go to 0411. Now OEM for 5 plugs so tunable balck box
8. Heads OEM
9. PERTRONIX Long Tube 1.75" - I have a set :)

Or
Variant 2

1. Cam OEM
2. Inlet - maybe Holley EFI 4150 or 4500
3. Adapter/distance type 4150 or 4500
4. Elbow 90/110 deg flange 4150/4500
5. Throttle GM style by cable / with TPS and idlenair valve
6. OEM mass air sensor to OEM filter box
7. ECU - 99% I need to go to 0411. Now OEM for 5 plugs so tunable black box
8. Heads OEM
9. PERTRONIX Long Tube 1.75" - I have a set :)

Gearbox will stay with OEM converter.
So Cam for now... stock ??
I will add rocker arms 1.7 ratio
Heads - Stock - no cam so stock.

Goal - more livelly engine that is less truck.
Iam not using it for towing.. and if it will be 4200 to 5000 pounds.

PS.
Mr. Moderator - if I post it in rong place please help me out. :)

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Ace17

Reaction score
Hey WojTec,

My first thought when reading your post was, "what are emissions laws like in Poland?" So I'm originally from Missouri, but I'm finishing my truck up and taking it to California soon, and I had to learn pretty quick that emissions laws are VERY different in Missouri vs California.

In Missouri, I can pretty much build a fire breathing monster of a truck considering I only need safety inspections, but in California, I can really only buy "CARB Compliant" parts with E.O numbers if I want it to be legal. That, or do all of my mods internally and make it look stock on the outside :devilfinger:.

I only ask because I've seen guys do some crazy builds, only to have laws change that now make their cars illegal, or maybe they move to a different state and THEN it becomes illegal.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ps.2
I asked some help with parts becouse:
Can buy nothing local - everythingn is import
Lead time is 4-5 weeks or crazy transport costs occure
No sense or way to return
I can sympathize with you there as I am in new Zealand and face the same challenges getting parts that I can't return if they are incorrect.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used efi multiport intake to open up rpm band. Idle is a bit harder to tune with short runner intake, but low rpm torque did not really drop off much if any. Stock air box can hold a large aftermarket filter and can use 4" intake pipe to the throttle body. Much cooler charge and is worth using unless replacing with a larger box.

WojTec

Reaction score
Hey WojTec,

My first thought when reading your post was, "what are emissions laws like in Poland?" So I'm originally from Missouri, but I'm finishing my truck up and taking it to California soon, and I had to learn pretty quick that emissions laws are VERY different in Missouri vs California.

In Missouri, I can pretty much build a fire breathing monster of a truck considering I only need safety inspections, but in California, I can really only buy "CARB Compliant" parts with E.O numbers if I want it to be legal. That, or do all of my mods internally and make it look stock on the outside :devilfinger:.

I only ask because I've seen guys do some crazy builds, only to have laws change that now make their cars illegal, or maybe they move to a different state and THEN it becomes illegal.
That is a good point! Absolutely you have right.
I am not a Greta, as she is not drivin big block v8 but I want this ride to be easy for me on annual inspection.
I have catalisators - and they are working and they will stay in place.
In my opinion properly tuned new gen EFI + cats will pass my emision. For 1998 it is EURO2.

Ps. It won't so stock at the end.