Getting to Around 300-330Hp In an L31 in a Lowered 96 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TStowell

Reaction score
Hi so im shootin for around 315hp and i was wondering what mods extra i should be looking at. Right now i have a bigger throttle body, cold air and a full header back exhaust system with long tubes and cats deleted. Im looking at doing a cam upgrade thats not crazy race aggresive but im okay with a choppy cam as long as it makes alright vacuum. Im also swapping the stock black box for an 0411 ecu also is it worth it to swap for upgraded higher flowing aluminum heads with the valve train specs i need. Also down the road i want to by a 383 Stroker short block and if i bought heads now i could just swap em. So basically what cams and heads would be good and with all those mods and a solid tune could i hit that around 315 number?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi so im shootin for around 315hp and i was wondering what mods extra i should be looking at. Right now i have a bigger throttle body, cold air and a full header back exhaust system with long tubes and cats deleted. Im looking at doing a cam upgrade thats not crazy race aggresive but im okay with a choppy cam as long as it makes alright vacuum. Im also swapping the stock black box for an 0411 ecu also is it worth it to swap for upgraded higher flowing aluminum heads with the valve train specs i need. Also down the road i want to by a 383 Stroker short block and if i bought heads now i could just swap em. So basically what cams and heads would be good and with all those mods and a solid tune could i hit that around 315 number?

Is that flywheel horsepower or rear wheel horsepower? If flywheel, then this thread should give you some good ideas and part numbers:

Thread 'L31 Extreme Budget Build' https://www.gmt400.com/threads/l31-extreme-budget-build.60454/

@L31MaxExpress

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
315 Gross sae HP at flywheel ? If so; with your intake-exhaust mods, you're probably already there.
Keep in mind, in OE trim, it made about 255 thru a iron log manifolds, single exhaust with a cat.