Custom made shop tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s a home built rotisserie made from two Harbor Freight engine hoists following some plans I found online. The project is a 68 Camaro, my first car, and it hasn’t been on the road since 1993. Some day….

Attachments

• 5EEEC5C1-6DBC-41F6-BC5E-395636D46707.jpeg
    5EEEC5C1-6DBC-41F6-BC5E-395636D46707.jpeg
    453 KB · Views: 18
  • 9D8F8F6E-0D8B-448F-BCD2-FEABAFBDD173.jpeg
    9D8F8F6E-0D8B-448F-BCD2-FEABAFBDD173.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 18
  • DB33CB31-57AB-486E-9808-86E499681885.jpeg
    DB33CB31-57AB-486E-9808-86E499681885.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 18

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I found a bunch of stuff, here goes.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chopped up distributor to be used for an oil pump primer. I’ve got another one for a SBC somewhere but this is for an international 4cyl 152. Welded the nut on so I can use an electric ratchet.

The end of a steering coupler with nut welded for checking bearing preload on a steering box. (International scout 80)

Fuel injector cleaner

Assorted gasket hole punches made from hydraulic fittings (left and center) and a drill bit (right)

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Transfer case/bearing splitter for Dana spicer t-18 (international, Willy’s, bronco)

Dana 27 inner axle (next to the carrier bearings in the Punkin) seal installer/remover

Custom roll pin punch for Pratt & Whitney propellers. The tip is replaceable and uses rollers from a roller bearing.

The masterpiece in the top of the photo is an oil filter poker drain hole maker 5000. The tip is hardened haha

Another oddball Dana/spicer tool (pvc pipe)

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Step stool/work platform made from a portable generator cage and fence boards.

Shop made air blowers for when you need ALLL the cfm’s. The long is used for cleaning radiators… and the floor.

Aluminum “soft jaws” I have some pieces of rubber I tape to them when I need “more extra softer jaws”

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hole cleaners? Idk, one end gets chucked in the drill, the other gets a strip of scotch brite. The brass is made from a pice of .22 rifle cleaner kit.

Not sure about “made” but putting this articulating lamp on this cart has been one of my greatest ideas haha. It gets used so much. I can put the light exactly where I need it and don’t have to forget about leaving it attached to a vehicle.

Again the “made” part is iffy but I haven’t found a gear oil pump that’s worth a crap so I fill this bottle and squeeze it in. The hose is epoxied to the cap.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finally my all time favorite that I think should be in every shop is this vice stand that sticks out away from the bench. I can get all around something and can have 3 people bowed up on an immovable object with out touching each other. It is very sturdy. The whole shop shakes when I’m wailing on something. (The shop is never this messy, I’ve got 9 projects going at once)

Figured y’all might get a kick out of our “fancy” shop sink. Those are lawnmower blades holding the faucet.

More or less a shop tip, I put degreaser (usually super purple) and water in this coffee can, makes the cleanest parts that you don’t have to scrub. Throw your parts in, Boil, then rinse. 60 year old grease, dirt, paint, it all just falls off