Cracked Dashboard Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Thanks!

HOPE I DIDNT JACK THIS THREAD!! SORRY IF I DID!

Those speaker enclosures are a nice touch. :waytogo: You can see where I put the speakers in the test fit pictures. For the dash plastic piece, I think some trucks came without the aluminum piece and you can use that to attach the diamond plate. I painted the plastic with plastic paint from hobby lobby. No thread jack here, I love seeing pictures of square body's :cheers:

P2 here is a picture of the material I used. Its as thin as paper but I will have to go back and ask him the specific name of what I used. Only epoxy resin can be used with this material, not fiberglass resin.

You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok man thanks a ton for the info an the thread.... :handshake: :cheers:

If you wanna do another one just lmk an I'll send you mine :rofl:

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those speaker enclosures are a nice touch. :waytogo: You can see where I put the speakers in the test fit pictures. For the dash plastic piece, I think some trucks came without the aluminum piece and you can use that to attach the diamond plate. I painted the plastic with plastic paint from hobby lobby. No thread jack here, I love seeing pictures of square body's :cheers:

P2 here is a picture of the material I used. Its as thin as paper but I will have to go back and ask him the specific name of what I used. Only epoxy resin can be used with this material, not fiberglass resin.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks! Its hard to believe those aluminum pieces are like 85 dollars! If/when I redo the truck I found a picture of an awesome gauge cluster with diamond plate that I want to try and recreate. Who knows I may not even have the truck when I am in a position to start sinking money into it but I can say the stereo system sounds pretty good and thumps pretty good considering cheap speakers and no amp or subs

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
P2 i am using the epoxy ss27 resin and ss40 hardener and mix them in a 1 to 1 ratio. Also a little trick i learned when dealing with the curved parts: lay down the initial resin layer and apply the material, then add resin, more resin than it looks like it needs and cover that with a piece of wax paper. The wax paper holds onto the resin and allows you to shape the material and keep it flat against the dash without problems. I removed the wax paper before the resin fully cured and when it is still a little tacky.

Thanks! Its hard to believe those aluminum pieces are like 85 dollars! If/when I redo the truck I found a picture of an awesome gauge cluster with diamond plate that I want to try and recreate. Who knows I may not even have the truck when I am in a position to start sinking money into it but I can say the stereo system sounds pretty good and thumps pretty good considering cheap speakers and no amp or subs

The diamond plate would look awesome to match

Last edited:

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love this interior concept ...only difference would probably be diamond plate where the aluminum is and probably not on the floor but who knows
You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
FYI for you guys liking the checkerplate. I can get vinyl that looks like that. Maybe for a headliner? Hmmm...Seat inserts?
I've used it for covering cabinet doors in a shop. Never know it's vinyl unless you touch it.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FYI for you guys liking the checkerplate. I can get vinyl that looks like that. Maybe for a headliner? Hmmm...Seat inserts?
I've used it for covering cabinet doors in a shop. Never know it's vinyl unless you touch it.

Gotta say I have never seen or heard of it!