Control Arm Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@618 Syndicate , that is probably an even better way to go. Just go with the 2" shackle. But I'm a stubborn SOB. I'm still dropping the front 2. haha. Worst-case scenario, I hate it. Meh.

so ill try to swing back to my original thought. should I go full ridetech front? or just Alden coilovers?
I wouldn't do coilovers unless it's a performance build. If it's just for cruising and doing truckshit I'd stick with control arms or spindles.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only issue I’ve had with djm is the powder coating. @Orpedcrow truck sits perfect IMO, wish I had enough self control to only lower a small amount. Instead I throw practical out the window and drop them to the ground. i still use them as trucks, just very low trucks.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did React spindles and Aldan coil overs on the front. I did zero research on the forum, which is my bad. Combo appears to work well, only driven it around the block a couple of times though.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If it just needs a little, run a 2" shackle on the rear, and leave the front alone. It'll sit level.
Hangers absolutely suck to do, and a 4" drop is never low enough. It's stuck in no man's land between stock and dropped, it looks halfway dropped. Several of us have been lowering these trucks since they were new, and lowriding since squarebodies were current inventory. Learn from our experience...
I wanna go about an inch lower than the current 5/8 but I'd have to un-do my bolt-in notch and do a weld-in one and .... hell man it took me long enough just to get around to getting it this far. Then I know I'd also start destroying the valance and I like the look with it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard