CPP narrowed A-arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys seen these yet?

I'm eyeing them for my dually. The adapters an drop spindles push the tires to the edge an I'd like some room back so I can drop the front back down.

Research shows all the trucks use the same lower a-arm an ball joint. Uppers are different but i found several threads here talking about using the 25/3500 upper arm an redrilling the holes to match a 1500 ball joint. Thinking I can do that just in reverse, swap to a 3500 upper joint an put these narrowed arms on my dually an get the wheels pulled back in.

Yes I know plenty of places make narrowed or extended conversion arms for the srw rotor for what I'm trying to do. The down side is they are all for air ride an I don't necessarily want to go that route (probably not ever but at least not yet). DC fab does make a coil over setup but it would be about 2500 all in I think.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd talk to them instead about making the uppers with the larger ball joint pattern and see what they say. Depends on if they actually have engineers designing that stuff or it's just bar napkin sketches. I'd question whether they're ready for the weight of a dually. If all is well then it looks like it'd literally just be a different bolt pattern punched into the flat piece of steel they're welding into the corner.

Richard

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd talk to them instead about making the uppers with the larger ball joint pattern and see what they say. Depends on if they actually have engineers designing that stuff or it's just bar napkin sketches. I'd question whether they're ready for the weight of a dually. If all is well then it looks like it'd literally just be a different bolt pattern punched into the flat piece of steel they're welding into the
I've used there stuff on lots of C10s I don't doubt they can handle what I'm going to do with the truck.

These are supposedly designed, tested an manufactured in CA. Apparently they are moving some manufacturing back to the states. I've talked to some of their tech guys about products before but idk if I could get them to alter the design for a one off. Might be worth a phone call at least.

I emailed IHC today about theirs to see if they could build a stock height set. Theirs are .75" narrower but they only list them as 3" drop.

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That website has a bunch of stuff I haven’t seen before. Thanks for sharing

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That website has a bunch of stuff I haven’t seen before. Thanks for sharing
They are just now getting into the 88-98 stuff. The X10 spindle/brake setup for these trucks will be nice. Used it on a C10 build an was pretty impressed with it. It's a decent upgrade for sure.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well IHC pretty much said they only build what's on the site an I need to swap the spindles back if I want to use their arms, *I didn't ask them about the ball joint mounting just if they'd build a stock height arm. The response pretty much sounded like they don't take suggestions lol.

Called CPP, the tech guy I spoke to said he'd pass the info on to R&D but that it wouldn't be anytime soon, if they did it at all. Also said they wouldn't build one for me with the right pattern or even blank so i could drill it myself.

So if I'm gonna do it, I gotta blaze a trail on my own it looks like lol

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well IHC pretty much said they only build what's on the site an I need to swap the spindles back if I want to use their arms, *I didn't ask them about the ball joint mounting just if they'd build a stock height arm. The response pretty much sounded like they don't take suggestions lol.

Called CPP, the tech guy I spoke to said he'd pass the info on to R&D but that it wouldn't be anytime soon, if they did it at all. Also said they wouldn't build one for me with the right pattern or even blank so i could drill it myself.

So if I'm gonna do it, I gotta blaze a trail on my own it looks like lol
Maybe slice & dice the CPP's.. IIRC it's only 2 bolts that are in different places out of the 4.

Richard