2-4 inch lift Upper control arms for 96 k2500 8600gvw 8 lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cowboysteve91

Reaction score
Hey guys looking for advice I put in a leveling kit and they included tortion keys I put them in and wouldn't you know it I need different arm they are hitting the shock stop on the frame looking for an upper control arm to handle the leveling kit haven't had much luck online

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the leveling kits are garbage. Sucks you already spent the time and effort on it. You’ll buy the arms, then it still won’t align right, then you’ll get those sketchy ball joint spacers, and it will eat front end parts like candy.

Channeling my inner @Schurkey here… put the stock parts back on, but replace those bushings and give everything a good inspection. Adding a lift to bad bushings and worn out components is not a great idea.

For a real lift, you need a true IFS lift kit that drops the front suspension. These are normally 4”-6”.

Cowboysteve91

Reaction score
All the leveling kits are garbage. Sucks you already spent the time and effort on it. You’ll buy the arms, then it still won’t align right, then you’ll get those sketchy ball joint spacers, and it will eat front end parts like candy.

Channeling my inner @Schurkey here… put the stock parts back on, but replace those bushings and give everything a good inspection. Adding a lift to bad bushings and worn out components is not a great idea.

For a real lift, you need a true IFS lift kit that drops the front suspension. These are normally 4”-6”.
I didn't need a huge lift of 4-6" which is y I went with a leveling kit yes I know it's horrible as far as alignment and replacing parts but the old girl doesn't get alot of road time as my other truck gets way better gas mileage but when I do Need it it's usually to haul wood over really rough terrain or ice fishing where having an extra inch or 2 gets you there. That and every once in a while she pulls a camper and fish house.

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check out this thread. https://www.gmt400.com/threads/extended-upper-control-arms.33481/

I'm not sure if he tried to run these without the lift and had the same problem as with the lift.the fix might have been to crank more to get where you can get in range to adjust the camber to spec,But it might also get you closer to the bumpstop's again.

as noted above if running 3" lift crank you have to see what spacer works best 1" 1.5" or 2"

I ran these 2" spacer on my k1500 (6lug) on kryptonite uca and i have to stay above a certain crank to not have to run the arms maxed out inward and not have too much postive camber there are variables though if i ran a 1.5" (with the same crank) it would also put the upper control arms further out,gain camber adjustment and get (mabye slighty) more clearance on the corner's of the bumpstop's,but they might also be closer to the bumpstop.and also loose ability to crank it more

also depending on the wheels offset you might not be able to run one best to simluate (unbolt ball joint simulate an inch and see if it hits your rim's

Last edited: