Combine: 1. Suburban: 0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If not paying attention is an issue, I might choose a newer vehicle that can do its own braking with lots of airbags.

My wife drives a newer Expedition, cause she thinks that she is a great multi-tasker...

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
choose a newer vehicle that can do its own braking with lots of airbags.
Until the sensors decide to go haywire.... this came on in my work vehicle yesterday evening. 2020 ford transit connect.
You must be registered for see images attach

There's nothing in front of the vehicle except what they installed on the assembly line. And the auto-start/stop thing quit functioning about a year ago for no apparent reason.

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a definite “no” on distracted driving.

I would describe it, but, who knows if there is a civil lawsuit or something waiting for us out there. So all I can say, as much as I hate to say it, is Father Time is nipping at our heals.

She would love a newer Expedition, but as a spare vehicle and rv I can’t justify the $$. A nice, reliable, rust free GMT -800 will do the job.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a definite “no” on distracted driving.

I would describe it, but, who knows if there is a civil lawsuit or something waiting for us out there. So all I can say, as much as I hate to say it, is Father Time is nipping at our heals.

She would love a newer Expedition, but as a spare vehicle and rv I can’t justify the $$. A nice, reliable, rust free GMT -800 will do the job.
We used to use an '06 Tahoe as our RV tow'er. That thing was perfect. No rust, rode nice, comfy. Sadly - it had constant electrical issues and left us stranded several times while way far away from home. Hopefully you have better luck.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of issues?

Crank no start got me once, transmission wasn't getting info from ecm once, another time was a wiring issue that stopped (maybe) the crank sensor from giving a signal. All of these issues were fixed by local shops, as they happened on the road - so I had to rely on what the local mechanic said was the issue. All I know for certain was that the truck stopped my trips.

It had 91,000 miles on it when I finally sold it.

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Crank no start got me once, transmission wasn't getting info from ecm once, another time was a wiring issue that stopped (maybe) the crank sensor from giving a signal. All of these issues were fixed by local shops, as they happened on the road - so I had to rely on what the local mechanic said was the issue. All I know for certain was that the truck stopped my trips.

It had 91,000 miles on it when I finally sold it.
Thanks

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You are welcome.

Most people love the GMT 800's, so I may have just had bad luck.
This seems like a common situation. I personally would not want another GMT 800 truck, since of all the "improvements" over the 400s, most have been problems once it got some miles on it. But I have a buddy who bought a 2002 Sportside with a 5.3 in it; aside from the dealership telling him it had a "350" in it, he loves it. He bought it when it was two or three years old....