Chrome valve cover covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VictoryRed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone got a link to them i found them a awhile ago and cant find them again but they were covers that went over the factory ones and were chrome if anyone could help me out i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a link to them i found them a awhile ago and cant find them again but they were covers that went over the factory ones and were chrome if anyone could help me out i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
What year truck? I don’t see that happening on a Vortec.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about the oil filler neck and PCV hose? Are they specific for motor/model? It’s pretty tight for space on driver’s side.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about the oil filler neck and PCV hose? Are they specific for motor/model? It’s pretty tight for space on driver’s side.
I was able to put short aluminum covers on mine with a small amount of grinding to the ac bracket. The stock steel covers would not fit the heads. Heads up for anyone looking at AFR Enforcers or the other 10 different brands of the same castings. There was only one small area that contacted. 10 minutes with a carbide cutter in an air powered rotary tool took care of it and that was taking my time to remove as little material as possible to keep the bracket rigid to prevent the ear from possibly cracking off.

You must be registered for see images attach

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was able to put short aluminum covers on mine with a small amount of grinding to the ac bracket. The stock steel covers would not fit the heads. Heads up for anyone looking at AFR Enforcers or the other 10 different brands of the same castings. There was only one small area that contacted. 10 minutes with a carbide cutter in an air powered rotary tool took care of it and that was taking my time to remove as little material as possible to keep the bracket rigid to prevent the ear from possibly cracking off.

You must be registered for see images attach
I can’t tell from your picture L31MaxExpress if those are replacement valve covers or what OP is asking about, which is a fake valve cover that sits on existing cover.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Won’t be able to use the air cleaner lid but this is pretty cheap and it’s on sale.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Won’t be able to use the air cleaner lid but this is pretty cheap and it’s on sale.
Why not just buy chrome valve covers? Instead of a “dress up kit”.