Can't find the right 4L60E Inspection Cover!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SheepDog

Reaction score
Good morning fellas. Long time lurker, first time poster. I've exhaustively searched the forums and the interwebs because I DO NOT want to be "that guy". However, I am having no luck finding the correct inspection cover for my newly installed transmission.

Backstory: The transmission in my 1997 K1500 recently gave up the ghost. I found a 4L60e from a "1997" 4x4, complete from bell to transfer case in good working order. My transmission has the one piece bell and this one has the two piece bell, so my old inspection cover wont fit. I got everything installed and it is working perfectly but I want to get an inspection cover on there ASAP because I actually use this tuck like a truck. I also want to retain the support bars that go from the cover to the frame.

I can find inspection covers all day long for the one piece bell (slanted, 700R4 style) 4x4, but I can not find one for the two piece (straight). If someone could share a link, I'd be eternally grateful. I attached a pic. of my newly installed trans for reference.

Thank you!

You must be registered for see images attach

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the rules for starting threads in the Classifieds. If permissible, start a thread in the "Wanted Section" to see if anyone on the Forum has what you need for a fair price. Also mention where you've already searched so people dont waste time like i did suggesting things you have already done.

Dont know what else to tell you beyond that as I dont sell parts (perhaps that's why I was tagged in this thread?)

SheepDog

Reaction score
Check the rules for starting threads in the Classifieds. If permissible, start a thread in the "Wanted Section" to see if anyone on the Forum has what you need for a fair price. Also mention where you've already searched so people dont waste time like i did suggesting things you have already done.

Dont know what else to tell you beyond that as I dont sell parts (perhaps that's why I was tagged in this thread?)
That's a great suggestion. This site has been a tremendous resource for me over the years, lurking, reading and researching. I haven't had the need to post until now, but I figured if I'd get an answer anywhere, this is it.

Thanks for your thoughtful replies.

SheepDog

Reaction score

Is this not it?
It's an option I suppose. That looks more like a car variant, not the ones that came on a 4x4 truck. Those should be made of cast with provisions to bolt the support bars to. If I have to use a simple sheet metal "splash guard" like that, I'll just make one out of sheet metal. I'm hoping to find one that's meant to be there (beefier for structural integrity).

Thank you for the suggestion though. I'll take any help I can get.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's an option I suppose. That looks more like a car variant, not the ones that came on a 4x4 truck. Those should be made of cast with provisions to bolt the support bars to. If I have to use a simple sheet metal "splash guard" like that, I'll just make one out of sheet metal. I'm hoping to find one that's meant to be there (beefier for structural integrity).

Thank you for the suggestion though. I'll take any help I can get.
What's helped me, is getting the part number from the dealer or gm parts. Then you can source used or at least pics to fabricate your own.. there's so many covers for the 4l60, it's not even funny