Chevrolet tailgate banner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks alot better with the letters painted!!!I wonder if the rest can be polish and buffed?

I think you can, they have a clearcoat like factory wheels I think an that you have to remove first.

I stumbled across a real nice one at the pick an pull. I just gotta paint the gate to match my truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I think you can, they have a clearcoat like factory wheels I think an that you have to remove first.

Interesting. There is a pinstriping on them if you look close that I think you'd loose if you re-did it...not sure. Might be worth looking into though. Not really that worried about it, being beat up and weathered matches the rest of the truck :rofl:.

I stumbled across a real nice one at the pick an pull. I just gotta paint the gate to match my truck.

That my friend...is a thing of beauty. Looks fantastic.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Well, it's on there. Ever-so-slightly crooked if you take a level to it, but you'd be hard pressed to tell. The 3M tape wasn't too hard to use, a bit of a PITA to get the backing off and hold the banner in place at the same time, but it worked. Hopefully it'll stay on there...

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well, it's on there. Ever-so-slightly crooked if you take a level to it, but you'd be hard pressed to tell. The 3M tape wasn't too hard to use, a bit of a PITA to get the backing off and hold the banner in place at the same time, but it worked. Hopefully it'll stay on there...

Pics?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
call me stupid, but I like it without.... and it don't look anything like a Dodge IMO... my truck didn't come with one and I think it looks awesome with no badges at all. but that's my truck- yours is a little differently styled so a banner would look good

Personally, I think P2's truck would look better without it, but that isn't ever going to happen :lol: I like them both ways. As long as there isn't a canyon-sized dent in the gate or the handle isn't missing or something like that, I really don't care

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score

Will post soon. Weather is kinda sh!tty.

call me stupid, but I like it without.... and it don't look anything like a Dodge IMO... my truck didn't come with one and I think it looks awesome with no badges at all. but that's my truck- yours is a little differently styled so a banner would look good

Personally, I think P2's truck would look better without it, but that isn't ever going to happen :lol: I like them both ways. As long as there isn't a canyon-sized dent in the gate or the handle isn't missing or something like that, I really don't care

Yeah, I really like them (duh, obviously :lol:) and I think P2s truck is pure sex with it. However I also kind of like the plain GMC gates with the letters in the bottom corner. Or just plain (like yours) for that matter. Your truck looks great and can pull off just about anything because it's so clean. Which makes a big difference.

Honestly, I'm actually considering converting to a GMC because of the grille. IDK what I'd do about the tailgate then. There is a gmc gate and grille in perfect shape, the same colour as mine, I could pick up pretty cheap. I still think I'd leave the Chevy banner but it's hard to say. Maybe one tailgate through the week and one for the weekends...? :rofl:

If I do go that route I might scrap the PYO idea for my rims and just go flat black. I did find a set of PYOs for $300, but I don't have that kind of cash to blow on looks right now. I'm very, very indecisive. I know I want it to look like something, but I'm not sure what that something is right now.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the banner and a GMC grill. I'm putting one of these in the grill to get rid of the GMC emblem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390092238483

I might put a billet bowtie in it later but I'm not sure about that. Offer them $33 shipped they will take it. I wish I would have tried $30 now....

Of course I'd much rather have one of these

Last edited:

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I have the banner and a GMC grill. I'm putting one of these in the grill to get rid of the GMC emblem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390092238483

I might put a billet bowtie in it later but I'm not sure about that. Offer them $33 shipped they will take it. I wish I would have tried $30 now....

Of course I'd much rather have one of these

That'll look good. I'm not a big billet fan but those ones in the GMC grilles look pretty cool. And those banners are sweet. Seem to be super-rare though, I know of 2 trucks around that have them. If I could ever get ahold of one I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I will too, I've seen one in the yard an it was really rough. Wasn't worth saving IMO....

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Pic time. Project complete. Very, very far from perfect, but I kind of like having stuff that is dented, weathered and beat up, since it's a woods truck. Looks way better than before IMO.
Thanks to everybody for the help. Much appreciated!