Cheap fuel setup lm7 swap in 91' rcss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I bought a brand new 96+ Vortec fuel pump and swapped it in from the weak tbi pump. I've done a lot of research on how to go from the stock fuel hard lines to the quick connects on my intake (with return). But with all an fittings added up I'm looking at $90+ just in fittings to go from the normal hard line to -6 an fitting to braided fuel line to an fitting to quick connect. There are a lot of unnecessary steps there. I was wondering if I could just chop the quick connects on my 2000's parts truck Silverado (that are already connected to fuel line meaning I have to buy less an fittings). Then put a an fitting on the end of that rubber hose and only have to buy the hardline to an fitting adapter (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-491971-bl) to go to the stock fuel lines. Significantly saving me money, I know it's not much, but turning that $90+ to around $30 will help a lot, before I get flamed for being this cheap I'm a broke college kid and every penny saved helps, that's a lot of meals.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What fittings does your truck have? I swapped a Vortec pump right onto a TBI pickup assembly and didn't have to change any fittings.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my '89 the factory fittings on the hard lines screw right into the TBI. Maybe hunt some factory fuel lines at the local Pull-A-Part?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was going suggest you look for a GMT 800 4.3 truck. Those have the same fuel pump for the LM7, but the lines are the same as the 4.3/5.0/5.7 Vortec.

But now I realize you are a TBI. I don't recall how those lines look.

Yeah, those AN fittings/adapters, etc. are expensive!

Reaction score
I’m swapping in a ls and I’m trying to figure out the cheapest way to adapt the tbi lines to a gen 3 5.3 2000+ truck engine

Reaction score
I was going suggest you look for a GMT 800 4.3 truck. Those have the same fuel pump for the LM7, but the lines are the same as the 4.3/5.0/5.7 Vortec.

But now I realize you are a TBI. I don't recall how those lines look.

Yeah, those AN fittings/adapters, etc. are expensive!
I’m got some compression fittings, I’m going to try going to back to where the fuel lines are metal and now rubber, cutting them off and putting them on the 91’

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m swapping in a ls and I’m trying to figure out the cheapest way to adapt the tbi lines to a gen 3 5.3 2000+ truck engine
The 2000+ fuel line screws right into the TBI fuel filter also the same on the vortec.

But I "think" I used a line from a gmt800 SUV because the length was almost perfect but I dont remember that part

Reaction score
The 2000+ fuel line screws right into the TBI fuel filter also the same on the vortec.

But I "think" I used a line from a gmt800 SUV because the length was almost perfect but I dont remember that part
Sweet, I saw someone used an adapter so I thought they were not the same, tomorrow I'll see if it fits and check back!