Cheap fuel setup lm7 swap in 91' rcss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can probably find a TBI fuel fitting that can adapt from the TBI fuel feed and the return fittings to a quick connect 3/8" and 5/16" fuel fittings for the LS but your TBI lines will butt up right behind the LS intake and the cam and oil pressure sensors at the rear of the intake (which ever gen LS you have). Virtually requiring you to buy new fuel hose and AN fittings requiring you to reroute the lines back to the LS fuel rail. There's cheaper cloth external braided lines easily found on EBAY and Amazon but as with pricing, the cheaper you go the more risk of failure there is. On Vortec 5.7 to LS swaps I've used the M16 to 6AN adapter for fuel feed and M14 to 6AN for the return on the fuel lines at the frame. Routing the 6AN fitting end to the LS fuel rail using 3/8" fuel line. I then connected the fuel line to a 6AN to 3/8" quick connect for fuel inlet and 6AN to 5/16" for the return. Said and done you'd be looking at about $60 off Amazon using cloth braided e85 safe 3/8" fuel line at 10 feet of line. I prefer anyone doing this setup to use Earl's metal braided line so that the risk of the fuel line rubbing against the transmission and does rub a hole in the cloth braided line, rupturing the fuel line later down the road. I have used the e85 safe 3/8" cloth braided line on a 550 HP SRT4 routing a total of 25 ft to a surge tank in the trunk all the way up to the fuel rail in the engine bay, Walbro 255 pump for the surge tank feed and a Walbro 450 pump for the fuel feed to the engine on E85. Walbro 450 initially primes at 100 PSI and then meters down to 43.5 psi via a Areomotive boost reference FPR. I service that car with the new owner in the area and all the lines are still holding strong 5 years later. Most recent LS swap is running Earl's braided line with about $90 spent on all materials on a 96+ C1500 on a stock 96' Vortec 5.7 fuel pump with no issues. Let me know if you need any help. Each fitting usually runs $8 to $13 off Amazon or EBAY.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes you just can't avoid buying the right parts. Fuel vapors go boom. On my racecar, I bought $1500 in fittings/lines and only used $1000 of it after all said and done setting it up how I wanted. Then I redid it and spent another $1000 at least. May be best to not count things up.