Cats plugged up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck was (and still is) a basket-case. I just cut the lead side post "bolt" off the side-post ring terminals, and bolted them down to the top post terminals. It was quick and dirty, and at some point in the future I'll replace them with professional-style lugs and thicker battery cables.

Plugged cats will give off a sulphur smell, but so can a bad battery. If you're having battery problems, apply occam's razor.
Do you happen to have any pics of your terminal setup? I’ll probably pick up a battery here in the next day or two and throw one in and see what happens.

Knightmare

Reaction score
As much as I would love to get that one, it would break the bank right at the moment, lmao. Do you know any other batteries that would be good? Any experience with everstart max from walmart? I’m just trying to get me a decent batter to last me a couple years and then eventually i can upgrade to the Odyssey. Thank you for the link though, i think you always seem to know what the best parts are lol!

Knightmare

Reaction score
In a non-bias testing all the batteries on the market today and come to find out there’s only two factories in America that build all of the batteries in Walmart due to us buying power actually gets the best battery even beats diehard So hopefully that’ll make you feel better I always buy the Walmart batteries

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In a non-bias testing all the batteries on the market today and come to find out there’s only two factories in America that build all of the batteries in Walmart due to us buying power actually gets the best battery even beats diehard So hopefully that’ll make you feel better I always buy the Walmart batteries
I think i saw someone mention that on here before but wasn’t sure. That’s what I’m gonna go with. Thank you for the info!!

realnorton

Reaction score
PUT a Ford Stater solenoid on it. Summit and Jegs both have a kit. Be sure to get the one compatible with a computer

Wild Willie

Reaction score

I still love A.C. Delco Batteries here in Canada. Exide used to be great but I don't think so lately.