Cat or no Cat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of "not getting our hobby banned" is being honorable and doing the right thing. WCJr came to me straight-piped, and I spent the money to put cats on it. Roscoe was straight piped as well, and when I build the exhaust for it, it will have cats as well.

I find myself in this camp, especially once the high-flow honeycomb cats became the norm.

At this point removing the cats is almost as absurd as removing the PCV valve and going
back to the old road draft tubes. We didn't think anything of it at the time...but now we
know better.

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Illegal--violates FEDERAL law. The only thing you have going for you is that there's little enforcement unless the State or County does it.

It's also going to be a D-I-Y project, no decent shop will touch a catalyst delete as it carries a potential $10,000 fine--and there IS enforcement on that, although it's spotty.
I think there are more important things in this country that we need to worry about than an individual running his rig without a cat. Illegal, who the freak cares...lol!

I'm in com*ie CA, I'm running Gibson shortys to the OEM Y pipe then to a straight pipe. I had my exhaust shop use V-band clamps to install the cat so when the jerks need their smog check I can install the cat and then remove it, we all win!

I don't mind the smell and I love it loud and proud!

Last edited: