cargo light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have gone through and put a new cargo switch in that didn't work. Then I swapped my 3rd brake light assembly just in case and that didn't work what else could it be other than wiring. I also cleaned everything with electronic safe cleaner as I went.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How are you testing it? They only work under a specific set of circumstances. If I recall correctly, you have to be in park for them to light up at all. Also I don't think they work if your dome override is engaged.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
When Mine stopped working, I traced the wire to under the vinyl carpet. The wires ran underneath the spot where my heal rests when driving and it rubbed through. Hope this helps.

white97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I never needed ming until about a week ago and it didn't work luckly i still had a flash light. I tried it today with it in park and dome light on it still didn't work I don't need it to often and it's getting to be time to get ready for winter so I will end up looking under the carpet in spring. Thanks for all the help guys I wouldn't have thought the dome light would have to be on.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Mine doesn't work either, come to think of it my reverse lights are on in park, maybe that is why mine doesn't come on also, maybe it is the little switch on the steering column.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, dome lights must be on for the cargo switch to work. Terrible design. I'll hopefully be rewiring that soon so the cargo light can work independently of the dome lights.

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm assuming you know how to turn the dome lights on via the dimmer dial? I only ask because many peeps I've talked to did not realize that the dimmer dial when clicked all the way up engaged the dome lights.