Cargo area lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is an orange circuit that is your interior lighting. It's hot all the time, and your door switches ground the circuit to make the lights come on.

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you put a multimeter on the orange wire.. any volts?
The connector has a red and black wire. The only orange wire is under the dash which i've tested and read 12V. I'm thinking of the looking into the overhead console switches.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok maybe I'm color blind.. I thought the wires in the headliner was orange and black. In that case follow the red wire. You may have to remove the headliner to make sure the connections haven't came apart if push comes to shove

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you still have the oem overhead light between the driver seat and back seat? If so is that still working?

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My overhead console is little bit different than the stock one.
You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok no problem. They still used the oem climate control. Now if memory serves right oem wiring ran to the left side. Running down the left side pillars all the way to the rear. I would start chasing power if you haven't already. From A to B