DIY: Cargo Area Partition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebmrust

Reaction score
to prevent any light items from flying forwarded as well as prevent any items from rolling into and under the backseats to be possibly forgotten about.
How about keeping the vehicle clean and cargo items in appropriate storage containers?

Large items can be quickly tied down with a myriad of items designed for securing loads.

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about keeping the vehicle clean and cargo items in appropriate storage containers?

Large items can be quickly tied down with a myriad of items designed for securing loads.
Ah i see your one of those lol, firstly my suburban is always clean expect for the back seats (2nd Row) as that’s where my kids are seated as for my cargo area it’s used for my mobile mechanic business or when we have our lab (Misty) with us. Secondly, whats an appropriate storage container? Anything of the sort will just simply just be loose and a hassle I’ve already got two strollers back there. This is the first version for the suburban it isn’t perfect and isn’t intended for heavy items slamming forward that’s why I’m in the process of building a second one. I’ve built a handful of partitions for my trucks,suvs and sedans all built for different reasons.

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a cool idea, I’m looking forward to the second iteration.
I’ve gotten half of the material awaiting two boxes and still deciding on what hardware cloth i wanna use. As mentioned it’ll be strictly made of metal and be reinforced. I’ve recently picked up a windshield from a golf cart that I’m thinking of taking apart to use as top and bottom pieces but i’m debating wither or not.

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My previous “appropriate storage container” was a military waterproof aluminum container which held everything and anything however it was quite cumbersome having to move the strollers and unlatch it.
You must be registered for see images attach

thebmrust

Reaction score
I’m not trying to be “one of those” but it’s your opinion and valid. Cool.

I looked at the pics you posted and it ‘looked’ like there was some items that ‘might’ be better located into storage bins or containers.

I wasn’t trying to be an a-hole, just offering a simple option. I thought it would be easier to clean up than build a partition. I’m always for building cool things. Partitions are cool, but so is a clean rig.

Sorry if you got triggered. Wasn’t the intent. Happy building. Post pics!

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not trying to be “one of those” but it’s your opinion and valid. Cool.

I looked at the pics you posted and it ‘looked’ like there was some items that ‘might’ be better located into storage bins or containers.

I wasn’t trying to be an a-hole, just offering a simple option. I thought it would be easier to clean up than build a partition. I’m always for building cool things. Partitions are cool, but so is a clean rig.

Sorry if you got triggered. Wasn’t the intent. Happy building. Post pics!
I was wondering when you would reply lol. I didn’t get “triggered” and your not an “A-hole” i read your option with the right intent. I’m slowly putting together the cargo area awaiting bonus hours from work and also Black Friday to be able to buy a few weather proof boxes in the meantime I’m securing the cargo area even putting limo tint on the back. Stay tuned as I’m always posting pictures, i got an album on this site.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering when you would reply lol. I didn’t get “triggered” and your not an “A-hole” i read your option with the right intent. I’m slowly putting together the cargo area awaiting bonus hours from work and also Black Friday to be able to buy a few weather proof boxes in the meantime I’m securing the cargo area even putting limo tint on the back. Stay tuned as I’m always posting pictures, i got an album on this site.
Only you know what YOU need and what works best for you. Again, I mistakenly thought it was directly behind front seats. Will it be permanent, semi-permanent?