DIY: Cargo Area Partition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I’ve recently built a cargo area partition solely meant to prevent any light items from flying forwarded as well as prevent any items from rolling into and under the backseats to be possibly forgotten about.
As of now I’m working on a second version that’ll replace the first one made however it’ll be made using metal pipes and hardware cloth that’ll be secured using metal zip-ties. My vision of my build is to secure the cargo area having the front closed off only to be accessed from the back.
I still have measurements and sketches should anyone want to build one. Questions and advice inbox me.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about using the existing tie down rings in the cargo area and the the third seat attach points? And an actual cargo net to secure items to keep them in place and not loose becoming high speed missiles.
Is the overhead console crooked?

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about using the existing tie down rings in the cargo area and the the third seat attach points? And an actual cargo net to secure items to keep them in place and not loose becoming high speed missiles.
Is the overhead console crooked?
I had thought about using the tie down rings however i wanted the partition to sit flush with the backseat. A cargo net would seem like a good idea too but i have two strollers in the back and having to deal with a net would be frustrating. And yes my overhead console is crooked the front mounting screws decided to retire at the worst time possible last week.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For babies? Are they going to be partitioned off too! :oops: I’d rather have multiple exits in case of an accident.

From the pics this appears to be a Suburban, and the cargo partition is behind the second row seats. Although there are times when barracading the kids may be a tempting alternative... ;)

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the pics this appears to be a Suburban, and the cargo partition is behind the second row seats. Although there are times when barracading the kids may be a tempting alternative... ;)
Your correct, it’s a 1997 Chevy Suburban with the third which i took out and have in storage for the time being. Only the cargo area is separated i have no reasoning for myself or my wife to be separated from our babies. I have a backseat camera to keep eyes on them 24/7.