Can't decide what to do and where to start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First question should i keep to tool box and rails or get rid of them. tool box aint really used just didnt have no where to store it before. And my second question is should I start with replacing the engine or should i start with rebuilding the front end and replace all suspension and body mount bushings. Rest of running gear is fine trans has about 20k and rear end is sound plus i plan on changing gears after everything else

You must be registered for see images attach

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I say engine then gears but I just like to build from the inside out. I have 3:73 but I want 4:10s. Nice truck though!

Reaction score
Why does everywhere in Ga. look the same?? Super clean truck man! Do the motor, then the suspension stuff.. If you beef it up, you may wanna lower it.. Just a little. IMO.. Id try and keep the outside like it is since it looks so damn mint.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan for stock look so i'm deciding between 2/4 or beefier tire out back kinda like the old hot rods. And im planning on polyurethane bushings since they suppose to be better than rubber and i can replace all bushings for $230

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would definitely ditch the bars and the box, but that is because I'm not a fan of over the rail boxes or rails.

As for the other question, do the engine first, to see what you suspension needs may be after that.