Can mount replacement issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say “flops” I would say the hinges flex enough to have the door close. And when it does close, the door to body gaps are off too.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
open door, look inside at hinge area, see if the body at hinges is pushed in, at both sides to match them. kinda like a wind storm if door opens and tweaks them, or jacking it up. sounds like the door stricker is correct lined up still or off ?

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The door stiker to my knowledge is still aligned, just the door is sagged (making it appear as if the pins and bushings are worn) if the hinges check out, what’s the next step?

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you jacked up the cab,? Were both sides jacked up at same time with doors open? and front cab still mounted or one side at a time? hinges could be good, but if it pushed the units in jacking it on the body at areas?

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I jacked the cab up, I put a board underneath the floor right next to the inner rocker, only drivers or passenger door was open, which ever side I was working on, and cab was not mounted any time I jacked up the cab as the mounts were either rusted through or nothing was attached when I jacked it up. What I did was I jacked the cab up, took my bracket and mount and bolted it in, then welded the bracket to the frame

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
appears the mounts are correct in pics, the cab and box lines are inline to each other, with door open and closed. something seems tweaked though that happened. did the front mounts drop when jacked up maybe, or floor front etc....

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe? That’s a good thought.. I did notice that the front mounts did look pretty rusty/didn’t do much anymore. What do you think I do to fix the tight gap between the closed door and then front fender?

Logan R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I know, but the door gap between that fender and the door is pretty tight compared to the other side. Does the fender have some body shims or something I could use?