CAN I CUT MY EXHAUST OFF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Louder doesn't equal more horspower--although it's tough to convince anybody under the age of 35 of that......

The exhaust systems of the Vortec 5.7's and 7.4's are already dual exhaust, replete with twin CATS. The muffler may be the choke point in the exhaust system, but it is the size of a baby manatee. There is a way to modify the factory muffler to allow better flow without sounding like Boy Racer.

Messing with/removing the CATS can create more problems than cure. Creates arguments with the computer, and arguing with the ECM is like arguing with a 3 year old.

Until one starts increasing real horsepower via parts or tune, the 5.7's and 7.4's breath in and out fine.

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Taylor... you ditch us over on GMsquarebody?? Sirrobyn is getting worried about you :cheers:
No, frankly a lot has been going on and I could forsee a special someone or two making a effort to poke at it lol. Ive also been spending a lot of time researching criminal law, not for school or career but reasons lol. When I say researching I mean this is basically replaying whenever I close my eyes or am idle lol
You must be registered for see images attach

Status
Not open for further replies.