C3500HD pic thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
2005 model (Mexico) TANDEM AXLE with an 8.1, 5 speed, and LPG setup :D reaaaaaaalllly long wheelbase.

Wow, I didn't know they kept building them for the Mexican market after 01/02. That tandem axle is pretty nice looking too. I don't care for the grille Though.

Last edited:

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2005 model (Mexico) TANDEM AXLE with an 8.1, 5 speed, and LPG setup :D reaaaaaaalllly long wheelbase.

You must be registered for see images

Richard

WOW! The ULTIMATE GMT-400! What was the GVWR of that beast?

And looks better than the heavy "Silverado"
4500/5500 that are starting to come out!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
WOW! The ULTIMATE GMT-400! What was the GVWR of that beast?

And looks better than the heavy "Silverado"
4500/5500 that are starting to come out!
Just better have a WIDE corner to turn that bad boy into. Or you're gonna be hopping curbs just like a regular semi does....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know they kept building them for the Mexican market after 01/02. That tandem axle is pretty nice looking too. I don't vare for the grille Though.
Guess they had more GMC work truck grilles left to get rid of than Chevy ones.....from what I've seen that's the standard Mexican market grille. Even seen in Suburbans.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wondered why foreign suburbans has no airbags... and some of the Mexican suburban look like there in mint condition

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know they kept building them for the Mexican market after 01/02. That tandem axle is pretty nice looking too. I don't care for the grille Though.
I guess it was a natural since production shifted to Silao, Mexico for 2001-2002 (U.S. models); they kept making them for Mexico all the way through 2006 I believe.

As far as that tandem axle setup goes, I have my doubts about the rearmost one being a drive axle; it's almost surely there just to add GVWR. There are some weird features about it as well.. the rear hubs look the same as the regular Dana 80 hubs, except there are 4 bolts on the cover instead of 5.. and the wheels appear to use lug bolts instead of studs w/nuts. Also, I can't tell but it looks like there are no shock mounts for the rear axle? All that stuff has me feeling like it was a homemade job, but I've seen ads for several of these Mexico tandem HD's, and that leaf spring mount setup looks factory-made, to me.. although portions of it are bolted to the frame instead of riveted. Hmmmm

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I guess it was a natural since production shifted to Silao, Mexico for 2001-2002 (U.S. models); they kept making them for Mexico all the way through 2006 I believe.

As far as that tandem axle setup goes, I have my doubts about the rearmost one being a drive axle; it's almost surely there just to add GVWR. There are some weird features about it as well.. the rear hubs look the same as the regular Dana 80 hubs, except there are 4 bolts on the cover instead of 5.. and the wheels appear to use lug bolts instead of studs w/nuts. Also, I can't tell but it looks like there are no shock mounts for the rear axle? All that stuff has me feeling like it was a homemade job, but I've seen ads for several of these Mexico tandem HD's, and that leaf spring mount setup looks factory-made, to me.. although portions of it are bolted to the frame instead of riveted. Hmmmm

Richard
They were making Burbs in Silao in 98/99, that's where both my 99s were built. I see a lot of 400s in greater Houston that have daytime running lights (that still work) and to the best of my knowledge that's one thing that indicates the truck truck was built in Mexico or Canada. My DRLs work and then don't, I'm sure it's the relay, but not doing a dash dive in August!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I disconnect mine long time ago. It worked good just got tired of my lights yellowing lol. You know it's funny because lot of people dont know what the green light was for lol....