C notches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcanter85

Reaction score
Hey guys I bought a complete western chassis 5/7 drop kit for my dually and it showed up yesterday does anyone have any pics of their c notches before getting installed? Do they have a couple bends in them or supposed to be perfectly straight? Thanks

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember any of the dually's I've owned having a bend in the frame back there, but I've slept since I've owned a static one....
If it was me I'd contact the company and ask.
Also they don't look bent in the website picture.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Wow...maybe it's just the pic but those look like crap. Don't think I would be using those to support a notched frame, especially not on a dually.

Richard

mcanter85

Reaction score
Yeah I bought the western chassis kit from summit racing I’m not to amused everything else looks good but the notches ehhhhhh!

Needs15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My c1500 has a slight bend where those notches would go. I dont have any pictures to show it and the bed is on the truck right now so can't get good pictures. The 3500hd frame I have in shop right now is straight.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would not use those notches at all (the Western chassis ones you posted)... they look like they were welded by a 3yr old. Unsafe - especially on a dually!!!! Our frames are not that thick (my c1500 isnt at least).... you need all the support and safety you can get.