Brake warning light on, but pedal feels good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am tempted. Just because I reckon it would look so good. Going to have a look at that tomorrow. Not least as I found a box of bulbs inside the truck (guessing from when it was in Europe) and maybe the bulbs I need are there.
You can find all bulbs on ebay-or rockauto. Try using LED since it's only indicator and you won't
It's not even the 4 corner mod I'm after - just reinstating the original lower corner ones and deleting the bulbs in the forward facing ones (to preserve the flasher rate). If the bulbs are the same or the same Wattage - should be possible - and look a lot better. Will have to check that they're visible from the front though - maybe why they're done the way they are here.
PM me an e-mail address as soon as you're ready - doesn't have to be yours - any will do.

There's a breakers yard near here - I think it's probably closed just now and I will never ever find a GMT400 in it though there's loads of RHD Jeep Cherokees - that's in a lovely tranquil part of rural Scotland (what the tourists come for). It's my museum! Pure therapy wandering about the place. Going to pay a visit at some point as they often break LPG Range Rovers and the big toroidal tanks are for sale. Thinking one of them where my gasoline tank is and a smaller gasoline tank somewhere under the floor is the way to go. The cylindrical LPG tank I have is behind the rearmost seat and takes up boot (trunk?) space and won't fit underneath. No rush - it's on a lengthy 'to do' list. That's the thing with these trucks - they're so 'hands-on' they just beg to be tweaked to taste!
My tank sits under the floor where spare used to be(100 litres)-downside is spare now lives in the trunk. Thinking about making a spare carrier/holder so I can put it upright by one of the walls-like in cheerokes.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Your truck is a Tahoe? The Burbs have the spare tire in the place where you've relocated it. GMT400 Tahoe 4 doors have the spare underneath, like all the GMT 800(2000--2006, next generation). A 400 Suburban or 2 door Tahoe has the hardware to mount the spare tire there.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your truck is a Tahoe? The Burbs have the spare tire in the place where you've relocated it. GMT400 Tahoe 4 doors have the spare underneath, like all the GMT 800(2000--2006, next generation). A 400 Suburban or 2 door Tahoe has the hardware to mount the spare tire there.
Yup my truck is a Tahoe. Thanks for it-I will have to have a look at this hardware-maybe I can adapt it for the hoe.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your truck is a Tahoe? The Burbs have the spare tire in the place where you've relocated it. GMT400 Tahoe 4 doors have the spare underneath, like all the GMT 800(2000--2006, next generation). A 400 Suburban or 2 door Tahoe has the hardware to mount the spare tire there.[/QUOT
That's my boat.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

See pic below which is from the original e-bay listing DS and you'll see what HWB is saying. You'll also see where my LPG tank is. Takes up space and prevents the rearmost seat being removed as there's no space to rotate it to release it.

If you have a toroidal LPG tank (probable) you may have to change the multivalve to reorientate to other than horizontal. The valves aren't that costly but the tank needs to be empty to make the change. There's a brilliantly helpful LPG forum in the UK - if you want a link, just holler.

You have the gasoline tank I want so I can fit a toroidal where my big gasoline tank is. Even it is probably much bigger than I need. Thought about ditching the gasoline system altogether but apart from deciding I want it kept as back up, i've been starting from cold on LPG lately and it takes a bit of cranking to prime the system. I'm still paranoid as hell about a weak mixture backfire. If yours has a mixer system you should be to. Mine blew the timing cover apart....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Tidy truck.
There's a member here who has a Suburban in that colour and it looks fantastic. That colour really works on the longroofs.
In the States that would be a Tahoe Limited, those fog lights and the valance/chin spoiler they sit in are sought after items. The Limited package was on the last of the Tahoes made in 99 and 2000, partially to use up remaining parts inventory before the changeover to the next generation trucks. Another part of this package is the body color grille. Looks good on a dark colored truck! Actually I've seen the body color grille on the pewter trucks too, it looks good as well. But I'm partial to the chrome version since that's what my Burb has. Brasso worked well for cleaning and polishing the grille and bumpers when I did that a couple months ago. Still looks pretty good even though it only gets rain baths. Eventually I will give it a proper washing but right now quarters are for the laundry!
Edit: that's not the Limited valance, but the 4x4 one with the tow hooks in their slots. That looks like a smoothie painted diesel bumper, another rare piece. Looks like you can really light up the road though with all that extra lighting.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
See pic below which is from the original e-bay listing DS and you'll see what HWB is saying. You'll also see where my LPG tank is. Takes up space and prevents the rearmost seat being removed as there's no space to rotate it to release it.

If you have a toroidal LPG tank (probable) you may have to change the multivalve to reorientate to other than horizontal. The valves aren't that costly but the tank needs to be empty to make the change. There's a brilliantly helpful LPG forum in the UK - if you want a link, just holler.

You have the gasoline tank I want so I can fit a toroidal where my big gasoline tank is. Even it is probably much bigger than I need. Thought about ditching the gasoline system altogether but apart from deciding I want it kept as back up, i've been starting from cold on LPG lately and it takes a bit of cranking to prime the system. I'm still paranoid as hell about a weak mixture backfire. If yours has a mixer system you should be to. Mine blew the timing cover apart....

Yes that tank is right up behind the 3rd seat ,isn't it?! The picture from this perspective gives an idea of how big a Burb actually is! I still have the 3rd seat for mine, but it came out soon after we got the truck since it's used for hauling. At least that was the original plan.....then our other, newer vehicles laid down on me, and the ol' Burb keeps a going.....
Only other way to get the 3rd seat out is to fold the 2nd row seat down and slide it out that way. But if you can't get to the handle to release the latches and fold the 3rd seat, then pull it up and back a little to get it out of the floor sockets, I guess it's a moot point. When you can get it out though, that SOB is heavy! Ask me how I know! I think there's a lever on one side of the seat to fold it down though. If so, that would give a little more space.

Last edited:

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the States that would be a Tahoe Limited, those fog lights and the valance/chin spoiler they sit in are sought after items. The Limited package was on the last of the Tahoes made in 99 and 2000, partially to use up remaining parts inventory before the changeover to the next generation trucks. Another part of this package is the body color grille. Looks good on a dark colored truck! Actually I've seen the body color grille on the pewter trucks too, it looks good as well. But I'm partial to the chrome version since that's what my Burb has. Brasso worked well for cleaning and polishing the grille and bumpers when I did that a couple months ago. Still looks pretty good even though it only gets rain baths. Eventually I will give it a proper washing but right now quarters are for the laundry!
Edit: that's not the Limited valance, but the 4x4 one with the tow hooks in their slots. That looks like a smoothie painted diesel bumper, another rare piece. Looks like you can really light up the road though with all that extra lighting.
Mine is a 99 z71 with g80 locking differential(currently not working)-1 of 2 limited editions(the other one being Limited-2wd lowered with Ronal wheels) and like you said only built in 99 and 2000. I just cracked 100000 with her(or maybe didn't as it was running for a long time ob smaller diameter wheels so was virtually putting up extra miles). The lights on the roof I recently fitted(lockdown boredom+I bought me soldering iron lol)-cheap project but defo gives extra light if I need it. I also recently fitted 9012 for my dipped beam for improved illumination. It gives nice more modern whiter light.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Mine is a 99 z71 with g80 locking differential(currently not working)-1 of 2 limited editions(the other one being Limited-2wd lowered with Ronal wheels) and like you said only built in 99 and 2000. I just cracked 100000 with her(or maybe didn't as it was running for a long time ob smaller diameter wheels so was virtually putting up extra miles). The lights on the roof I recently fitted(lockdown boredom+I bought me soldering iron lol)-cheap project but defo gives extra light if I need it. I also recently fitted 9012 for my dipped beam for improved illumination. It gives nice more modern whiter light.

Cool! Nice Tahoes! I need to do some light modification. The stock stuff is adequate but could use improvement. We don't do that much rural driving at night, but even in Houston there's plenty of places where the streets are not lit that well.