Brake warning light on, but pedal feels good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK cool thanks, I will check it out in the morning.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the "stock" lights picture I never could send before....

I went out last night when it was dark and my dipped beams don't seem to have any directional sense at all!
They should have been blinding me as I looked at them head on from the drivers side but it was no different whichever side I looked from. Just looked like a dimmer version of main beam.
First dipped beams I've encountered that don't display that sharp cut off line - as is required for the annual safety inspection. I'll look again with them aimed at something more solid than a row of shrubs.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went out last night when it was dark and my dipped beams don't seem to have any directional sense at all!
They should have been blinding me as I looked at them head on from the drivers side but it was no different whichever side I looked from. Just looked like a dimmer version of main beam.
First dipped beams I've encountered that don't display that sharp cut off line - as is required for the annual safety inspection. I'll look again with them aimed at something more solid than a row of shrubs.
American lights don't have cut off line-the beam is flat. Hence no worries with left hand/right hand lights. It shoud pass the mot no problem. Mine did.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
American lights don't have cut off line-the beam is flat. Hence no worries with left hand/right hand lights. It shoud pass the mot no problem. Mine did.

Cheers - that clears that up nicely!
More UK converted lights questions. Mine has the reversing lights converted to flashers (and separate external reversing light) and the front flashers are below the headlights with orange bulbs. I'm guessing yours is the same but with maybe the fronts in the 'corners'?
Mine has the 'tow package' and I've found the harness but it's never been wired to a trailer socket. I'm wondering if the necessary UK conversion for flashers in any way compromises the GM trailer wiring. Any experience of this?

IIRC you too have LPG. Which system? Any comments on running on LPG? (I have a bit of CEL sketch going on here in that it stays on when running on gasoline (common on these trucks it seems) but if I configure to start on LPG it doesn't come on at all - both scenarios are MOT fails. If I start on gasoline (CEL on) then switch to LPG the CEL goes out but not sure if this passes an MOT - which is due in August. Any ideas/comments?

Sorry HWB for the threadjack - just can't not ask about this stuff! (We can start a separate LPG thread if there's much to discuss).

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also have indicators in the reverse lights and side lights in the front. As to towing mine is all connected and never had to look into it so can't answer that question.
My lpg is Stag400 qbox-my CEL comes on occasionaly but it's not related to LPg as it's started before conversion(lambda playing up)-I suggest to get a cheap codes reader and see what CEL code you gettin.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More UK converted lights questions. Mine has the reversing lights converted to flashers (and separate external reversing light) and the front flashers are below the headlights with orange bulbs. I'm guessing yours is the same but with maybe the fronts in the 'corners'?
Mine has the 'tow package' and I've found the harness but it's never been wired to a trailer socket. I'm wondering if the necessary UK conversion for flashers in any way compromises the GM trailer wiring. Any experience of this?

IIRC you too have LPG. Which system? Any comments on running on LPG? (I have a bit of CEL sketch going on here in that it stays on when running on gasoline (common on these trucks it seems) but if I configure to start on LPG it doesn't come on at all - both scenarios are MOT fails. If I start on gasoline (CEL on) then switch to LPG the CEL goes out but not sure if this passes an MOT - which is due in August. Any ideas/comments?

Sorry HWB for the threadjack - just can't not ask about this stuff! (We can start a separate LPG thread if there's much to discuss).
As to front corners mine are empty and not used-there seem to be very lil room for the bulb and tho I thought about using them I decided against. So only indicators are the were yours are and the lil ones on the frond wings. Btw-I seem to use 2 lightbulbs for indicators so when you experiance rapid flashing but all indicators work anyway then check the other bulb. That was what confused me in the beggining as I thought connection somewhere was broken but it was just 1 of 2 bulbs burned.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

No problem, guys, it's interesting to see the different issues y'all have with Yank trucks in the UK. The upper corner marker " lights" are just reflectors from the factory. The lower ones actually are lights; they use a #194 bulb which isn't very big. In normal operation these blink alternating with the big light under the headlight, for whichever direction the turn signals are on. This seems to be something that was changed on your trucks, I know the vehicle lighting codes and regulations are different from the US ones. There are mods that many of our stateside members have done to their trucks that make the upper corner markers into functional lights. But they require having extra lenses to modify, so probably not something easily done on your side of the pond. The rapid flash as far as I know is GM's way of telling you there's a bulb out.....

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's the flash rate that is my concern when I come to hook up trailer lights with our different UK set-ups - which seem to be remarkably similar to each other's
HWB - we don't have that alternating (or I don't) at the front here. And (other than the repeater on the fender near the door) mine appears to have only one bulb beneath the headlight and they do flash at the correct speed - so no burned out bulb.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also have indicators in the reverse lights and side lights in the front. As to towing mine is all connected and never had to look into it so can't answer that question.
My lpg is Stag400 qbox-my CEL comes on occasionaly but it's not related to LPg as it's started before conversion(lambda playing up)-I suggest to get a cheap codes reader and see what CEL code you gettin.

I suspect I am going to have to track down the cause of the CEL when running on gasoline. Vexed though as to how cheap/dear a scanner I should get or whether I can get Wurth WOW software loaded and working. The Dephi software I have doesn't do anything on the Chevrolet (though it could do quite a lot on the smart).

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem, guys, it's interesting to see the different issues y'all have with Yank trucks in the UK. The upper corner marker " lights" are just reflectors from the factory. The lower ones actually are lights; they use a #194 bulb which isn't very big. In normal operation these blink alternating with the big light under the headlight, for whichever direction the turn signals are on. There are mods that many of our stateside members have done to their trucks that make the upper corner markers into functional lights. But they This seems to be something that was changed on your trucks, I know the vehicle lighting codes and regulations are different from the US ones.require having extra lenses to modify, so probably not something easily done on your side of the pond. The rapid flash as far as I know is GM's way of telling you there's a bulb out.....

Possibly changed in the UK as the flash rate would exceed the permitted value when counted together.
At the rear, the requirement I think is for the flashers to be separate from the tail/stop lamps - hence redeploying reversing lights as flashers.

It would make more sense (in my mind) to have the corner flashers as functional but as per DS's comments - doesn't seem viable.

Have you got any further with your ABS light issue? - the subject of this thread!