Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is MAF only right now and the starts are money! It's always fired right up, then hesitated a bit and sometimes stalling before falling into a rhythm and being good to go. Seems calculating VE with VE is not the way to go. My 1500 does this but worse. I may have found the flaw in what I was doing wrong on that one. For this one, the 3% I need to add up top will take me from the 11.9:1 I saw to the 11.5:1 that I want. I'm super stoked. Both trucks had reasonable LTFTs so I always figured I'd gotten VE pretty close, and maybe I did but not at an idle. This is completely dependent on the procedure I elected to use to tune with, I've done it successfully other ways in the past.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're getting it lined out!

It's a relief to have that refinement back. I also discovered I can break the VE map down into a bunch of 2D lines that I can basically drag and drop. I find that MUCH easier to visualize the change in VE with respect to RPM and load, at least when it comes to changing stuff by hand to blend it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like I forgot to plug my hanger fix. I had something like a 1" bead holding the exhaust hangers to the thin walled exhaust piping. It was not a permanent solution. I decided it would be easier to bend some 3/8" rod around the pipe and I was right, but it still took some ass to get it to bend. I then simply welded that to the 1/2" hanger because that part fits the stock rubber mounts properly. A little hit and miss on the welds, but I don't think it's coming unstuck any time soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

Now I don't live in fear of the pipe tearing itself apart.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey @Supercharged111 how much boost do you see at elevation?

Just curious really. I took my truck out for a highway run for the first time since moving here and a spirited pull (80-90% tps) yields 110-120 kpa. So based off of station pressure that's 4.5-5.5 psi. I should have went to WOT to see what it could get to.

FWIW I saw about 30* over ambient on the IATs on the couple pulls I did.

And here is where it was running for timing.
You must be registered for see images attach