Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's your clearance like with the air bags and exhaust? My 6.5 has a brand spanking new 4" straight pipe on it, and once I get it up and going I'd like to throw bags on it; but the exhaust just looks super close to the bump stops

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What's your clearance like with the air bags and exhaust? My 6.5 has a brand spanking new 4" straight pipe on it, and once I get it up and going I'd like to throw bags on it; but the exhaust just looks super close to the bump stops

Here's the passenger side, it's closer to the springs than the Diamondeye 4" tailpipe.

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The previous post is an excellent before pic. Back when I first installed the muffler and tailpipe I wasn't able to bend that 1/2" diameter hanger around the pipe. The pipe is pretty thin and the wall just deformed. Idea #1 was to use a real torch, get it cherry red, and bend it to the pipe. Since that wasn't coming to fruition any time soon, I decided to try with some 3/8" rod. This too wanted to deform the pipe, but I had enough meat hanging out both ends I could at least get it started. Once I got a couple inches down, it strengthened the pipe to the point I could beat on the rod (so to speak) enough to get it to keep bending its way around the pipe. I feel a lot more confident about this increase in surface area holding it all together.

You can see where my talent would come and go, I blew through on the bottom pic. Access was nowhere near as good as the rear-most hanger. But it should do nicely if the other little beads got it done this far since fall of 2018.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
We made the 1300 mile haul to upper MI and consumed my mom's back yard. Her house didn't have space for 5 more bodies with all the other extras she was already accommodating for my sister's wedding. I think the truck burned a half a quart of oil the whole way, we did 75 for most of the trip.

Attachments

• PXL_20210813_002000971.jpg
    PXL_20210813_002000971.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 8

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Been datalogging this truck here in MI. I'd cleaned it up in CO, but it's pulling a lot of timing here so I'm trying to bend the map to what the truck wants. Problem is what it wants here seems strange, it wants around 10 degrees at 120kpa. I'm beginning to wonder if I don't have a boost leak, or maybe the bypass valve is leaking. I get 110kpa in CO like the 1500 but, unlike the 1500, I'm not seeing 140kpa here. And I shudder to think of what it'd want for timing there.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been datalogging this truck here in MI. I'd cleaned it up in CO, but it's pulling a lot of timing here so I'm trying to bend the map to what the truck wants. Problem is what it wants here seems strange, it wants around 10 degrees at 120kpa. I'm beginning to wonder if I don't have a boost leak, or maybe the bypass valve is leaking. I get 110kpa in CO like the 1500 but, unlike the 1500, I'm not seeing 140kpa here. And I shudder to think of what it'd want for timing there.
So you didn't see any boost increase? Definitely suspicious of a leak.. probably no real easy way to test for that is there?