Bolt pattern swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coup

Reaction score
I have a 10.5 corporate 14 bolt. I was looking to swap the bolt pattern from an 8 bolt to 6 bolt. I can’t find much info online was looking for some input from someone who might have some more knowledge about this topic.

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 10.5 corporate 14 bolt. I was looking to swap the bolt pattern from an 8 bolt to 6 bolt. I can’t find much info online was looking for some input from someone who might have some more knowledge about this topic.
There are custom 6 lug hubs available. I thought about doing this on my square body years back, but decided against it. I think there is a lot of custom work involved - hubs, disc brake conversion, machined axle shaft flange, other? I don’t know all the details as I ended up going a different direction. A quick search popped this up: https://www.sneveysoffroad.com/gm_14_bolt_ff_6_lug_conversion_kit

Coup

Reaction score
Cant be done with a full float axle.

There might be bolt on adaptors for the semi float, but why would you downgrade the wheels bolted onto a super strong axle?
Honestly just not a fan of the look of 8 bolts. But might just leave it the way it is

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked at doing a 6 lug 14 bolt full float from a gmt800 donor, never went anywhere...Most of the companies that had made custom hubs are no longer in business.

That link says it only works on pre-'94 axles and it narrows your axle...

I decided to go with a 14 bolt 9.5" SF instead.
:rolleyes:

Last edited: