Body/cab mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m about to tackle this job on my 2 Door Tahoe.

Out of curiosity, what the hell do I do if the nut breaks loose?
Squeeze a sawzall blade between the mount and bushing and get to cutting.

FA31

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Squeeze a sawzall blade between the mount and bushing and get to cutting.
Thanks for your response.

Last question, other than the bolt head, what can you spray with Deep Creep before loosening?

Just going off memory, I don’t recall being able to see anything except the head of the bolt.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your response.

Last question, other than the bolt head, what can you spray with Deep Creep before loosening?

Just going off memory, I don’t recall being able to see anything except the head of the bolt.
In the cab, the nuts welded to the body for the cab mount bolt are underneath a panel that is secured to the cab floor via a silicon gasket and metal tabs. Remove those and spray the bolt. It will penetrate the threads.
Extended cab - 2 at front at the base of the firewall, 2 in the middle, 2 at the rear. You SHOULD be able to pull the carpet out of the way. If it’s a regular cab, you’ll only have 4. Front and rear of cab.

FA31

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the cab, the nuts welded to the body for the cab mount bolt are underneath a panel that is secured to the cab floor via a silicon gasket and metal tabs. Remove those and spray the bolt. It will penetrate the threads.
Extended cab - 2 at front at the base of the firewall, 2 in the middle, 2 at the rear. You SHOULD be able to pull the carpet out of the way. If it’s a regular cab, you’ll only have 4. Front and rear of cab.
I’m doing mine on a 2 Door Tahoe. Fortunately, a southern model, never been on salty roads, but still 25 years old…

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m doing mine on a 2 Door Tahoe. Fortunately, a southern model, never been on salty roads, but still 25 years old…
The easiest solution is to sell the 2door to me.

FA31

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It’s a pretty clean ride. Still have some things to do, but fantastic for its age.

Biggest issue was door hinges, I replaced them with Cunningham Machine for all three hinges on each door. New GM exterior door handles, new power door lock actuators, new lock cylinders, new window motor and regulator, sound mat installed while the doors were apart.

Basically tried to fix it all at once.

These body mount bushings are far more intimidating to me, only because I fear the bolt breaking.

I really don’t want to pull the old uncracked plastic trim to pull back the carpet and wet the bolts, but guess I have no choice…

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It’s a pretty clean ride. Still have some things to do, but fantastic for its age.

Biggest issue was door hinges, I replaced them with Cunningham Machine for all three hinges on each door. New GM exterior door handles, new power door lock actuators, new lock cylinders, new window motor and regulator, sound mat installed while the doors were apart.

Basically tried to fix it all at once.

These body mount bushings are far more intimidating to me, only because I fear the bolt breaking.

I really don’t want to pull the old uncracked plastic trim to pull back the carpet and wet the bolts, but guess I have no choice…
Take your time and you’ll be fine. You’ve done door bushings, this is about on par with that. Soak them for a week. Spray them daily. For what it’s worth I’ve done cab mounts on 2 trucks and I’ve only broke one bolt.

Last edited: