BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a sock but you need to treat it for possible algae first. Moisture turns to algae sludge and makes a mess of things.
Should I treat it before I pull the sender? I've got Hotshot EDT in the tank now, I believe it is an algae deterrent as well as a cetane booster. I plan on using Amsoil treatment once I get the tank clean; hell everything in the truck is going to be Amsoil once I get all the nasty old fluid flushed out of it, I've got cheap fluids and good filters in the truck now.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should I treat it before I pull the sender? I've got Hotshot EDT in the tank now, I believe it is an algae deterrent as well as a cetane booster. I plan on using Amsoil treatment once I get the tank clean; hell everything in the truck is going to be Amsoil once I get all the nasty old fluid flushed out of it, I've got cheap fluids and good filters in the truck now.
I checked out Hotshot and I didn't see anything specifically mentioning a biocide. I've used Power Service Bio Kleen with excellent results.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New sender arrived, haven't had time to pull the bed and install it though. Got a new fuel cap and radiator cap since I believe both systems are having issues with maintaining the proper pressure. I figured the best place to start is the cheapest and easiest parts to replace.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also threw in the Bluetooth head unit I got from my dad; he installed a touch screen head unit and just gave me this one. Every sh!tbox needs a good stereo!

Hoping to install the sender this weekend. I'm having a problem with the belt squealing right now that I can't pin down exactly, my best guess is the tensioner isn't in the best of shape. Again, haven't had time to check, hopefully this weekend I can get some stuff squared away and maybe start driving it!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New sender arrived, haven't had time to pull the bed and install it though. Got a new fuel cap and radiator cap since I believe both systems are having issues with maintaining the proper pressure. I figured the best place to start is the cheapest and easiest parts to replace.

Also threw in the Bluetooth head unit I got from my dad; he installed a touch screen head unit and just gave me this one. Every sh!tbox needs a good stereo!

Hoping to install the sender this weekend. I'm having a problem with the belt squealing right now that I can't pin down exactly, my best guess is the tensioner isn't in the best of shape. Again, haven't had time to check, hopefully this weekend I can get some stuff squared away and maybe start driving it!
I used to shoot a shot of oil in the vacuum line at the wastegate every oil change. This helps to lube the vacuum pump. It might be the location of your noise.

Kchevys

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
@skylark you crack me up with your 6.5 one liners. Mostly because it makes me think of my dad`s truck. He bought a brand new 1994 C3500HD, 6.5 w/ 5 speed. To this day, he daily drives it. The odometer gave out 10 or more years ago and at the time he was somewhere in the mid 300K miles. Couple times a year he swaps the oil and filter.

What makes me laugh is him starting it. Its like watching a cartoon..... There is banging! There is clanging! There are some words! There is smoke! But is fires up and goes on. It is hilarious. To be honest, I am pretty sure the only thing original on that motor is the short block. Everything else has been replaced a time or two or three.

@BNielsen I am liking your project.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@skylark you crack me up with your 6.5 one liners. Mostly because it makes me think of my dad`s truck. He bought a brand new 1994 C3500HD, 6.5 w/ 5 speed. To this day, he daily drives it. The odometer gave out 10 or more years ago and at the time he was somewhere in the mid 300K miles. Couple times a year he swaps the oil and filter.

What makes me laugh is him starting it. Its like watching a cartoon..... There is banging! There is clanging! There are some words! There is smoke! But is fires up and goes on. It is hilarious. To be honest, I am pretty sure the only thing original on that motor is the short block. Everything else has been replaced a time or two or three.

@BNielsen I am liking your project.
I'm not going to deny that I'm cynical and skeptical regarding the 6.5. I too will continue to get kicked in the nuts by one though but it is an Opitmizer. That is like saying that you nailed your schools prom queen but you were home schooled. Sure, someone is going to think that it is cool but everyone else knows better.

Last edited: