BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@skylark
Got a bit of a dilemma. Since you're versed in the mental illness that is working on these anchors I need some advice; I'm 89% sure the sock in the tank is all gummed up which is what's causing my stalling issue, and I'm debating;

Pull the sock and install a LP pre-filter, or replace the sock? Either way I'll probably throw on a Leroy metrum rod to replace the damaged sender, or I may just replace the whole sending unit?

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@skylark
Got a bit of a dilemma. Since you're versed in the mental illness that is working on these anchors I need some advice; I'm 89% sure the sock in the tank is all gummed up which is what's causing my stalling issue, and I'm debating;

Pull the sock and install a LP pre-filter, or replace the sock? Either way I'll probably throw on a Leroy metrum rod to replace the damaged sender, or I may just replace the whole sending unit?
If you think you are going to crazy town, just ask yourself...
What would the PowerStroke 6.0 guys do?

I got nothin....... :D

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you think you are going to crazy town, just ask yourself...
What would the PowerStroke 6.0 guys do?

I got nothin....... :D
Probably cook an oil cooler and blow head gaskets 3 times in a row,
At least that's what I think I would do if I was a 6.0 guy, definitely don't want to do that with the 6.5 just yet.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Probably cook an oil cooler and blow head gaskets 3 times in a row,
At least that's what I think I would do if I was a 6.0 guy, definitely don't want to do that with the 6.5 just yet.

Go big, snap that crank in half!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I could say it would happen from pushing too much power.
But I know I was playing with fire just driving the truck with a worn harmonic balancer.

I don't know that there's much of a rhyme or reason to when it happens. I don't think it's the top failure mode either. For some sick reason, I do kinda want one as a dumb plow pig/woods beater.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know that there's much of a rhyme or reason to when it happens. I don't think it's the top failure mode either. For some sick reason, I do kinda want one as a dumb plow pig/woods beater.
I always said I would own one, and I hope this one runs as good as I think it will once I get all the bugs ironed out.
I definitely think this will be the better pulling truck gearing and chassis wise compared to the K2500. While it won't fully replace that truck as a towpig or a daily driver, it'll definitely give me a window to get the red truck dialed back in, needs the front end gone through and I still haven't figured it out what exactly is causing the misfire. It's a bit hard to do heavy work on it since it's been my daily since 2017 and it doesn't get much of a break.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still miss my old '98. There was an elegance to complicated simplicity of it.
I considered a 6.5 again when I bought my truck.... had to go big block in the end, but I do like em, they have their uses.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still miss my old '98. There was an elegance to complicated simplicity of it.
I considered a 6.5 again when I bought my truck.... had to go big block in the end, but I do like em, they have their uses.
Part of me wishes this truck was a 454, mainly since I'm fairly well versed in them at this point. But at the same time I think I got lucky with it being a 6.5L; especially since it's one of the better ones to get.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@skylark

Just a sock but you need to treat it for possible algae first. Moisture turns to algae sludge and makes a mess of things.