Bluetooth OBD2 adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I was just curious. My BAFX is WiFi and seems to work fine, even driving around, it’s connected to phone.
Yep like I said I haven't used any Wifi readers, only bluetooth. When I got my first BAFX only bluetooth was available. When I replaced it later (after momentarily "losing" it) I saw they had both available, but I stuck with bluetooth. I wouldn't have guessed a Wifi model could connect to your phone via Wifi standalone but I guess these days that's a lot more simpler hardware-wise than it would've been years ago.

Richard

PM18S4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With my 99 Suburban, I daily a OBDLink MX+ and real time monitor with the the android app 'Torque'.
it gets me Intake Air, and Coolant Temps from normal PIDS and Trans temp from extended GM specific PIDS.
I only had to pay for the app and got the extended PIDS for free.
When pulling codes, it can get everything except from the SIRS module, but I have to use the specific OBDLink app to get the VATS/EVO codes.

I tried the BAFX Bluetooth OBDII reader and despised it.
The response time seemed way longer than the OBDLink MX+ and the native app didn't pull VATS/EVO codes.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With my 99 Suburban, I daily a OBDLink MX+ and real time monitor with the the android app 'Torque'.
it gets me Intake Air, and Coolant Temps from normal PIDS and Trans temp from extended GM specific PIDS.
I only had to pay for the app and got the extended PIDS for free.
When pulling codes, it can get everything except from the SIRS module, but I have to use the specific OBDLink app to get the VATS/EVO codes.

I tried the BAFX Bluetooth OBDII reader and despised it.
The response time seemed way longer than the OBDLink MX+ and the native app didn't pull VATS/EVO codes.
Funny, I had no luck with a OBDLink MX+, especially at $139.00. Fortunately my 96 doesn’t have VATS/EVO systems. And my BAFX works flawlessly.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think I ever tried the included app with any of the adapters I've used. Especially the transparent blue mini-elm327 stuff - I read somewhere that the minidisc they come with is loaded with virus, which wouldn't surprise me one damn bit. I've always used Torque Pro.

Richard

CrustyOldDog

Reaction score
I’m curious if anyone knows of a good OBD2 bluetooth adapter to use with the DashCommand app. I’ve seen people mention the Kiwi, and Bafx but I don’t believe either of them are available anymore. Any suggestions?
BlueDriver is by far the best I've used. It is more than a code reader, and you can get it for $100 on sale occasionally. It's worth it, in my opinion.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BlueDriver is by far the best I've used. It is more than a code reader, and you can get it for $100 on sale occasionally. It's worth it, in my opinion.
What does it do besides reading codes?
Does it give live data? What about CMP or transmission temperature?