Blackbear tune to disable security, rear O2s...anything else???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 1998 Suburban, after disabling VATS using Jet's DST I have no "odd" lights. All is good.

I've run Jet's DST on WinXP and Win7, haven't tried it on Win10.

Most of my "tuning" stuff I run on WinXP (TunerCat, Moates, Jet, others), except for DIACOM which I run on Win95.
Thanks-I see pricewise jets and hp tune are comparable(to some extent)- is HP as capable as jets-number of options you can modify-or you need"Pro"to match?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is HP as capable as jets-number of options you can modify-or you need"Pro"to match?

I can't say... and unfortunately my "Jet" laptop isn't close by (90mi away) so I can't post any screengrabs of Jet's DST for comparison. If you're willing to wait, I can do so later in the week (if someone sends me a reminder anyway).

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure-not a pressing subject but it sounds like an interesting idea-plus since I'm not in the US possibly only option to get things done with my baby. Maybe pinger and I can join forces in buying it together if he's interested?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also on Jet's-I found it on amazon and some of the reviews say it's gotta a job to work on windows newer than 7-what system have you got it installed on?

FWIU the newest version of JET DST comes with a USB interface box/cable instead of the serial cable they originally came with, which should take some of the difficulty out of getting it to run on a newer system. I have no experience with JET DST personally, but I would imagine that you could run it in Windows XP "compatibility mode" in Windows 10 or 11 without problems.

If you do purchase it I would contact the seller first and make sure they're shipping the new version with the USB interface, as seen in the pictures here on JET's site.

https://jetchip.com/shop/chips-modu...formance-dynamic-spectrum-tuner-programmer-2/

Thanks-I see pricewise jets and hp tune are comparable(to some extent)- is HP as capable as jets-number of options you can modify-or you need"Pro"to match?

Keep in mind that HPTuners will only communicate with '98+ PCMs in these trucks. If you have a '96-'97, JET DST/TunerCAT is pretty much the only option I'm aware of.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FWIU the newest version of JET DST comes with a USB interface box/cable instead of the serial cable they originally came with, which should take some of the difficulty out of getting it to run on a newer system. I have no experience with JET DST personally, but I would imagine that you could run it in Windows XP "compatibility mode" in Windows 10 or 11 without problems.

If you do purchase it I would contact the seller first and make sure they're shipping the new version with the USB interface, as seen in the pictures here on JET's site.

https://jetchip.com/shop/chips-modu...formance-dynamic-spectrum-tuner-programmer-2/

Keep in mind that HPTuners will only communicate with '98+ PCMs in these trucks. If you have a '96-'97, JET DST/TunerCAT is pretty much the only option I'm aware of.
Mine is 99 so no issue there-but thx for heads up. And I just found the pdf on how to install it for windows 10 so looks like it would work.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This actually worked?

Works perfectly.

Change this parameter from 59.5 to 119 to double the frequency of the PWM signal which drives the fuel gauge (image from JET's Dynamic Spectrum Tuner is shown).

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have JET's DST running on my XP laptop.

I haven't used it in a while and had forgotten how many different configuration screens are available.

Take a look at the menus across the top (see image), i.e., Switches, Constants, Tables, ... Each of those has a set of submenus to screens that allow configuration of this or that. It would take me a while to capture each and every one of the configuration screens, since there are many.

The image also shows the Constants : System Parameters configuration screen, and of course the entire screen isn't visible without scrolling; notice the slidebar on the right-hand side of the configuration screen.

If there's something you're looking for specifically, I would be happy to capture the relevant screen and post an image here.

Attachments

• System Parameters.JPG
    System Parameters.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 19