Dont know what else to do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tjlracerx

Reaction score
I have a 94 chevy obs short wide c1500 5.7 4l60 I picked up about a year ago for 400 bucks it had a few problems but she's a keeper lol so far in the past year I've rebuilt the front end, brakes, new radiator, alt, it had already the ac delete and egr delete I did gold series plug wires cap new rotor and plugs don't remember kind it was running great never real keep up with milage cause it seemed good fast-forward to early Feb the trans 4l60 goes out I had another trans 4l60e from a 95 obs so I swapped them ran good for a month then drive shaft goes fix it next week rear-end goes bad so I have swapped both and rebuilt the drive shaft.. the vibration from the rear-end going out made all kinds of things loose and it was running like **** I changed plugs wires cap rotor oil change iac and connection map i have my o2 unplugged now pulled and cleaned temp sensors temp sending switch thermostat it seems to r b running good kinda lost some power somewhere and maybe its because something else is wrong cause im getting 8.5 to 9 mpg and these gas prices are killing me its my daily driver I put about 65 miles a day sometimes less but that's average most times it dont get drove on weekends I drive my wife's gas saver lol im not trying to racer or anything lile that yes I was it fast well at least the power it should have and the most is better gas milage anybody got any suggestions oh ya there's a small cam in it I dont know what kind at least it sounds like it does never pulled it trying to give as much info as I can to readers and 3" exhaust to a 3 chamber Flowmaster out 3" to a y pipe comes out 2 2 1/2 and dumps no headers stock manifolds hope everybody has a good day thanks for all replies hope somebody can help im

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please try and use some more punctuation and pay attention to sentence structure in the future, posts like this are hard to read. The easier it is for people to understand you, the easier it will be for them to help.

Welcome to the site though!

Tjlracerx

Reaction score
I might have it figured out. I finally got code 43... knock sensor I stopped an got one on my way home. Changing it in the a.m. my o2 sensors are normally plugged in. I had them unplugged causr it was running so bad I was getting 4 or 5 codes because of them. When I unplugged the o2s it was able to idea normally an all codes went away except 13.. open o2 but I am getting horrible gas mileage. After posting this I run my codes one more time and got 43 I think that explains alot. I will repost in the morning after I work on it thanks for all replies

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I might have it figured out. I finally got code 43... knock sensor I stopped an got one on my way home. Changing it in the a.m. my o2 sensors are normally plugged in. I had them unplugged causr it was running so bad I was getting 4 or 5 codes because of them. When I unplugged the o2s it was able to idea normally an all codes went away except 13.. open o2 but I am getting horrible gas mileage. After posting this I run my codes one more time and got 43 I think that explains alot. I will repost in the morning after I work on it thanks for all replies
Since you mention having a performance cam in it, what rear end ratio are you running? Also is it dropping into OD during the commute? Either of those would make a big difference in mileage, especially if the trans isn't shifting into OD.

Tjlracerx

Reaction score
Since you mention having a performance cam in it, what rear end ratio are you running? Also is it dropping into OD during the commute? Either of those would make a big difference in mileage, especially if the trans isn't shifting into OD.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For instance. My truck is a work truck. According to the build sheet it has a 3.08 ratio rear, which means it won't get off the line worth a damn but it will cruise all day at 70 MPH in overdrive (4th) and get good mileage because the engine is turning about 1800 RPM at that point.

If you have a hot cam and a 3:50 or 4:11 rear end you won't get near the mileage I do on the commute. If for some reason your trans isn't making the final shift into OD its even worse and the engine will suck up gas like you would not believe. I was thinking you should rule out a trans problem pretty early in the game.