Black Dog - 94' C1500 Vrtc 5.7 NV3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
What fan setup are you running?
https://www.jegs.com/i/Flex-A-Lite/400/280/10002/-1
It's working fine for me so far, but it hasn't been really road tested yet. There will be some fitment issues with the lower radiator hose and a power steering line, and some wire hacking involved. It probably isn't a bad setup for a cruiser, but if it's a daily or a work truck I'd go a different route.

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
Got the modified tbi unit from SPR Performance and the, widely hated, Harris Performance custom chip installed. Finished up with the wiring for now. Stabbed the distributor, bolted down and plugged in the final little odds and ends. Primed the oil system, went to start it and... nothing. No fuel exiting the injectors, gas was pumped to the unit but stopped there. Read somewhere about beating the injectors to coax them to flow. Used a center punch and a 5 lbs. sledge with a couple light love taps to the center of the injectors. Turned the key and it roared to life like it was super pissed I took 2 years to get this done.

You must be registered for see images attach

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
Drove it a very cautious 3 miles over to my house, finally, so I can begin working on the little tweaks in the engine compartment, interior and exterior stuff. Still have to hook up the ac, adjust the volant box, and tweak the timing just a hair. Thing runs phenomenal though, can't believe it started so easily. Been taking it on some 20-30 minute drives around the neighborhood at engine break-in rpms.
Brother gifted me his authentic mid-90s club for the steering wheel. Just need the viper talking alarm now

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
Took the spare tire for a drive through the country today. Celebrated the first 100 miles with a bath, another 50 miles for air drying, and a couple pics. Thankfully 150 problem free miles.

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
Not much progress since I've been having to do house hunting and working on other two vehicles in the fleet. Spare monies has been scarce as well with down payment saving and getting new tires on all three this month. Just slapped tires on it today, so felt motivated to check something off the list.
Piped in the volant box finally. Had to raise the box 1-1/2" to line up with throttle body height. Definitely runs smoother than the open element in these summer temps.
Just AC, lighting, grille, bed, bumpers, and then it's on to the interior. 400 miles on it now.

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
Back at it finally. New bumper brackets, headlights, air baffle, soldering in new lighting connectors, replacing loom & will be installing 5vortec7's headlight harness with fog lights soon. I have a factory fog light switch on the dash, but no wiring up front. I assume the PO just replaced the dash bezzle, the switch came with it and he stuffed the pigtail wires off into the abyss (I didn't investigate too hard).
The parking light bulb sockets are ridiculous; the new ones in grey run $25 a piece, the white ones are $8. Kind of a no brainer. Rustoleum charcoal grey works great.
For those of us with the bumpers with air inlets: I got the baffle from ebay (NOS, I bought two, the yellow sticker is the p/n); the circled piece is a separate insert, surprisingly the dealer could still get them p/n: 1596938 and they were only $5 (I bought two of those as well).