Black Dog - 94' C1500 Vrtc 5.7 NV3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can imagine. Drove to DFW Frame & Alignment the other day, that area is so different; I could sense the change in traffic attitudes.
Spent 20+ yrs in Bedford; only wreck was the old 93' (close to Pipeline & Belair intersection). Been in W'ford for 5 yrs; been rear-ended 3 times & also T-boned in the right rear quarter going through a 4-way stop. People getting crazy everywhere I'm sure.

Its getting crazier everywhere I feel. I had a guy try to run up to the end of the merging lane and barge into the flow of traffic on east bound 183 out by DFW and smacked the front fender of my G35. Did 2x the damage to his lifted aluminum body F150 than it did to my 07 G35 sedan. My G35 got a couple of small dents in the passenger fender and took out his whole driver door.

I was sitting at the redlight in grapevine in front of bone daddys behind a brand new chevy leaving classic chevy in my 06 Ram back in about 2012. An illegal with no insurance rear ended me doing ~35 mph and shoved me into the chevy. The caravans front end exploded when it hit my class 4 receiver hitch and the tow hooks on the front of the 06 Ram ripped the Chevys rear bumper off. Only damage to the Ram was some paint scraped off the valance above the bumper. Pipeline has always been bad. About that same time, my dad got side swipped going down the hill close to Hurstview in his 94 2500 Ram.

On 377 there is an area close to where they built a Starbucks just north of 820. I have seen one day alone where 3 multiple car accidents happened within a 100 yard section of road. One requiring a careflite to land on the road to transport a driver.

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
Its getting crazier everywhere I feel. I had a guy try to run up to the end of the merging lane and barge into the flow of traffic on east bound 183 out by DFW and smacked the front fender of my G35. Did 2x the damage to his lifted aluminum body F150 than it did to my 07 G35 sedan. My G35 got a couple of small dents in the passenger fender and took out his whole driver door.

I was sitting at the redlight in grapevine in front of bone daddys behind a brand new chevy leaving classic chevy in my 06 Ram back in about 2012. An illegal with no insurance rear ended me doing ~35 mph and shoved me into the chevy. The caravans front end exploded when it hit my class 4 receiver hitch and the tow hooks on the front of the 06 Ram ripped the Chevys rear bumper off. Only damage to the Ram was some paint scraped off the valance above the bumper. Pipeline has always been bad. About that same time, my dad got side swipped going down the hill close to Hurstview in his 94 2500 Ram.

On 377 there is an area close to where they built a Starbucks just north of 820. I have seen one day alone where 3 multiple car accidents happened within a 100 yard section of road. One requiring a careflite to land on the road to transport a driver.
We're all in a hurry to get to the next stop light & some can't be bothered to just drive, let alone understand there are other cars around. Respect & civility only expressed when there are too many witnesses

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
We're all in a hurry to get to the next stop light & some can't be bothered to just drive, let alone understand there are other cars around. Respect & civility only expressed when there are too many witnesses
That's not just in DFW guys. We don't get on the freeway much in Houston area, it's dangerous enough on the streets. And you may not even be safe in a parking lot......
Most of our freeways are under construction/ renovation, can't get too far without getting in a cone zone.
But I agree with y'all that respect, civility, responsibility and decency are in short supply these days.....
Too many people don't want to have basic responsibility and respect for other people's lives and property. Folks used to be raised better......

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every November I get the job of towing our race trailer through Houston at rush hour. Houston drivers will swerve at you, and when you jam on your brakes they take the opportunity to dive in front of you. When I'm in a crew cab long bed Dodge 2500 with a 7000 lb trailer, I'm not jamming on my brakes. A Honda tried that trick on me a couple years ago and I almost ate him. It wouldn't have been a problem for me. I have noticed in the last two years that driving civility here in Oklahoma has taken a huge downturn.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Every November I get the job of towing our race trailer through Houston at rush hour. Houston drivers will swerve at you, and when you jam on your brakes they take the opportunity to dive in front of you. When I'm in a crew cab long bed Dodge 2500 with a 7000 lb trailer, I'm not jamming on my brakes. A Honda tried that trick on me a couple years ago and I almost ate him. It wouldn't have been a problem for me. I have noticed in the last two years that driving civility here in Oklahoma has taken a huge downturn.
YEEEES. This is so true. The two things that piss me off about okie driving is you're either dealing with people who you aren't driving fast enough for or the a-holes who pull out in front of you and proceed to drive five miles under the limit. Then you get the people who even though I'm going 70 in a 65, will nearly get in a head on collision trying to pass you and the semi in front of you.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Yeah...... I grew up in W'ford. People there can't drive for *****. With my first truck, I had a kid back into my door with his truck in the high school parking lot one morning. Then 13 days later, a damn high school teacher backs into the bed on the same side at Sonic. And this was back in '08. :bs:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
3 years ago, Mom and I were working in different stores in the same shopping center in Sugar Land(swanky suburb of Houston). She calls me, she's done, meet her in by the door of the store I was at, she will be there in a few minutes. I go to the door, no Burb, no Mom. Look down the center 's parking lot a bit, Burb is in a parking space about halfway down the center. So I walked over to see what was going on. Just about lost my **** big time when I got there. This ***** in a 2010 Malibu had gotten in her car and backed out into the left side 2nd door. She'd caved it in so bad the door sill has a crease in it! Must've punched the gas backing out, and damn sure didn't look first. If you don't see a Burban behind you, ya didn't ****** look!
This was on Friday afternoon. My insurance agent is open on Saturday morning, so we drove down there first thing and showed them the truck and the photos I took of my truck and her car( which had a busted bumper cover and probably other damage you couldn't see).
They wanted to know what happened. When we're telling the story, they stopped us, "wait,did you say this happened in a PARKING LOT?" Turns out Texas has a no-- fault rule on parking lot accidents. They don't have to pay out a cent to me!
Not only that, but my wheelchair bound father has a doctor's appointment we cannot reschedule on Monday morning. As mad as I am about this, he'll have a stroke and a heart attack both if he sees it. My brother came out to help bring in groceries the night of the wreck and says when he sees a dent,nay, a crater in the door, "MMM, do you care to explain this? "
Fortunately, we still had the totalled Burb....and it's pewter too! So I think y'all can figure out what I did that Sunday......
The " new" door is slightly a different shade of pewter, most people probably wouldn't notice, but it's my truck so I see it. I don't have the pix any more, they were on my old tablet that burned up in a fire. But the crater in the door kept the window from going down, and consumed the vast majority of the door.
Looking at a David Tracy wrenching story on Jalopnik tonight, saw that that era Malibu is a total disaster to work on too....another reason why I love my Chevy truck! :boti:
Edit: so glad we don't have to go in Sugar Land anymore. My Dodge Intrepid got hit 3 times there in 2 years ( once less than 48 hours after getting it back from 2 months at the Dodge body shop after its first wreck! )
I think every vehicle we ever had was hit at least once in that town, never our fault and usually by stupid kids that lived in SL so the cops didn't give them tickets.

Last edited:

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
Installed Craftec bed cover. What a pain! Possibly the most difficult thing I've done to this truck. Definitely needed a third or fourth hand; also required a dremel, needle files, soft material mallet, and spend a few days charging up your patience reserves (none of which mentioned by instructions).

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

91sonoma

Reaction score
I just read your whole thead. Your truck looks great. My question is what is the quick ratio steering gear box that you used? I need to chande mine as it has to much play and want a quick ratio.

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
I just read your whole thread. Your truck looks great. My question is what is the quick ratio steering gear box that you used? I need to change mine as it has to much play and want a quick ratio.
Thank you. Sorry I didn't see your message. I haven't been on here in a bit; no work done or needed on the truck these days.
The one I installed is AC Delco; thought it was the better choice at the time. Seems like Redhead and Blue Top are the highest recommended on here and are what I would go with now.