Best 5.7 Vortec Long Tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m sure this has been discussed before, but I see a lot of back and forth of arguing with header recommendations on the threads, LOL. Looking to purchase a set of long tube headers for my 5.7 vortec. I will be doing an EGR delete to broaden my choices for long tubes. Obviously I can’t narrow search results on websites to make it easier since I’ll be running it without an EGR, but anyone have an idea of what I could do to find a proper set of long tubes for my truck? I’m not concerned with emissions as NJ doesn’t really do anything with inspections except for about 2 minutes of checking light bulbs on the truck. As far as what to search for, where to look for them, and any personal experience with any set of long tubes.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I’m sure this has been discussed before, but I see a lot of back and forth of arguing with header recommendations on the threads, LOL. Looking to purchase a set of long tube headers for my 5.7 vortec. I will be doing an EGR delete to broaden my choices for long tubes. Obviously I can’t narrow search results on websites to make it easier since I’ll be running it without an EGR, but anyone have an idea of what I could do to find a proper set of long tubes for my truck? I’m not concerned with emissions as NJ doesn’t really do anything with inspections except for about 2 minutes of checking light bulbs on the truck. As far as what to search for, where to look for them, and any personal experience with any set of long tubes.
Try looking for tbi headers.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Does anything else have to be done for them to work on a 5.7 vortec?
I used 95s on mine. They had an EGR port at the front and I welded them shut. Think I used em on my 98 too and they didn't have any ports. Think depends on brand.

Reaction score
I used 95s on mine. They had an EGR port at the front and I welded them shut. Think I used em on my 98 too and they didn't have any ports. Think depends on brand.
Makes sense. Summit has a cheap long tubes. Gonna most likely run them. Will probably do the VHT/ceramic coating on them myself. Sadly it won’t be pretty stainless steel, but just balling on a budget!:33:

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The EGR is plumbed through the intake manifold from 88-95.
Those "front port" fittings are on cyl 1 & 2, like the iron exhaust manifolds, and they're for California-certified smog A.I.R. tubes from the secondary air pump, used on TBI engines... It would be silly to try to reroute and fabricate dual EGR feed tubes on an internal EGR manifold...
Federal emission vehicles, without a smog pump, don't have them, so manufacturers have listed both type of headers: with and without A.I.R. for TBIs.
Then there are actual Vortec headers that have a single EGR port by cyl #7.

Last edited: